EVO Display

lucmorneau

Hi, I bougth a 2019 giant explore gts with evo display. When I look at the review online, it seems to have a navigation menu. I don't know how to set this up. Can anybody help ? Thx.

Attachments

• WEB_Image Giant RIDECONTROL EVO Display  410000104-1-691649064.jpeg
    WEB_Image Giant RIDECONTROL EVO Display 410000104-1-691649064.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,522
Hi, I bougth a 2019 giant explore gts with evo display. When I look at the review online, it seems to have a navigation menu. I don't know how to set this up. Can anybody help ? Thx.
You need to download the GIANT phone app from play store. you then set the journey on the phone app map and you get turn by turn directions on the EVO display.

Hum, seems weird. It displays correctly on the phone app but I have nothing on the evo display. Any ideas ?

I haven't bothered trying that because I keep my iPhone in a cradle on my handlebars. I use the EVO just for what it natively gives me, usually set to show cadence and speed. But what youi're trying SHOULD work, otherwise why would they claim it has navigation features.

My 2019 Explore E+1 GTS currently has the motor dropped down so I can't experiment with it. Not that I'd want to ride on our snow-covered roads at the moment even if the bike would be working. I have been trying to install a BikeSpeed RS and have pretty much given up (for now). I just can't seem to get all the wiring tucked back into the tubes enough not to pinch and to allow to motor to swing back into place. I've removed the BikeSpeed RS and now after an hour, still haven't been able to reassemble it. Darn wires! (I think part of the problem is that I have a small frame bike and there is just less tubing to tuck wires into.)

Where in Quebec are you? I'm in Montreal (living in the West Island).

Ok sorry for delay high wind and rain here in the UK.
So turn bike ON
Open app and set destination.
Then press blue button at base of screen "START RIDE"
Directions should then appear at base of screen.
If this does not happen check setting in the app, failing that speak to GIANT in your country.
I'm using Android Galaxy S9.
There have been issues with the app and Iphones. So contact GIANT support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218-145249_RideControl.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218-145249_RideControl.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 20191218_150535.jpg
    20191218_150535.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,617
This has never worked on my 2019 QuickE. I also do not get the on screen phone messages that Giant claimed in the sales literature. Supposedly if you have the dealer update the bike’s software you can activate the navigation, but I’m not sure the messages ever have worked. I would like to update mine but I have a problem paying the dealer to do an update when the app was originally supposed to do it.

This is my one and only complaint after 750 miles of riding. Had Giant not claimed these features, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

This has never worked on my 2019 QuickE. I also do not get the on screen phone messages that Giant claimed in the sales literature. Supposedly if you have the dealer update the bike’s software you can activate the navigation, but I’m not sure the messages ever have worked. I would like to update mine but I have a problem paying the dealer to do an update when the app was originally supposed to do it.

This is my one and only complaint after 750 miles of riding. Had Giant not claimed these features, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

That dealer is a disgrace! Charging to bring the bike up to the advertised standard? I imagine giant would not be impressed if you contacted them directly

For what it's worth, every time I visit my dealer he offers to plug my bike in and upload the latest software for free. I do most of my own servicing but figured I'd drop it in at the 12 month mark to see what I had missed - when I waved my visa at him he mentioned free servicing to the original owner for life !

I bought the bike out of state. I would not expect the local dealer who did not make money on the sale provide free labor to update it. Personally I think since Giant advertised the bike as being user updatable, they should reimburse the dealer‘s labor and charge it to their app development team.

Back