Everything easier but…

EdC

When my ebike was stolen, a few week ago, I went on a search for a new one. What I learned, in my search, was that the new e-bikes with their internal hubs, belt drive, automatic shifting, high torque quiet motors , built in lighting, and intelligent bike computer systems, have taken most of the hassle out of biking. That is, with the exception of battery removal and instillation. These new in frame batteries are really hard to get in and out. My old ebike had a Bosch power pack battery in the outside of the down tube. It came off in a second with no key necessary to get it back on. It even had a little loop at the top, which made carrying it quite easy.
I finally settled on a Giselle C380 with the battery access on the top of the of the enclosed top tube battery compartment. I still need to stick my finger inside the compartment too release the battery, and a key to put it back in, but I don’t have to get down on my knee to unlock, charge, remove or reinstall it. It’s also hard to carry since it has no handles. Hay! bike manufacturers, when you are designing you bikes, how about design batteries that are easy remove and install and are easy to carry. Ed

When my ebike was stolen, a few week ago, I went on a search for a new one. What I learned, in my search, was that the new e-bikes with their internal hubs, belt drive, automatic shifting, high torque quiet motors , built in lighting, and intelligent bike computer systems, have taken most of the hassle out of biking. That is, with the exception of battery removal and instillation. These new in frame batteries are really hard to get in and out. My old ebike had a Bosch power pack battery in the outside of the down tube. It came off in a second with no key necessary to get it back on. It even had a little loop at the top, which made carrying it quite easy.
I finally settled on a Giselle C380 with the battery access on the top of the of the enclosed top tube battery compartment. I still need to stick my finger inside the compartment too release the battery, and a key to put it back in, but I don’t have to get down on my knee to unlock, charge, remove or reinstall it. It’s also hard to carry since it has no handles. Hay! bike manufacturers, when you are designing you bikes, how about design batteries that are easy remove and install and are easy to carry. Ed
ya my bulls was nice with the external and our Bosch tandem too. then I got the trek getting the battery out the first time was a little bit of a learning curve. getting it in worse I did not know I needed a key to get it back in to me a bit to realize it. but the trek battery setup has a handle so that makes it much easier. Plus I can use my external battery on it too. hell I could not find the way to check the battery level for the longest time on the trek battery. there is a tiny hole on the cover that you have to use a paperclip at an angle to push it. Plus I could unlock the battery and leave it in while the ride synced and I put the bike away. the trek battery ejects a small amount then you tilt it out the rest of the way and grab it by the handle.

Back