Evelo Aurora

TWBKR

Hi All,

Saw some people mentioning the possibility of Evelo offering the Aurora with a Gates belt drive. Does anyone know if that will actually happen? Also, can the belt drive handle the 750w motor? I prefer the 750W motor, but would love a belt drive. But, have heard of maybe the belt drive only handling the torque up to 500W motor. Thanks.

Thanks, indeed the upgraded Aurora with the 750w version is no longer listed on the Evelo website. I hope it was not discontinued. I wonder if maybe if it is not available for a short period of time, as they transfer production to Taiwan. I have an email to Evelo to ask them, so will let you know, when I hear back.

Hi Scrambler, Heard back from John at Evelo and indeed they just pulled the 750W from their website temporarily until it is available again in the US around mid-March. Below was his feedback.

"We simply pulled it down as it's not available until the next production run, which will be right before CNY. That will put it to the US in mid-March, so we only have the 500W listed currently. We will be producing the 750W/Hydraulic brake option at that time. "

Back