EV charging stations for Ebikes??

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
It appears that some Ebikes can now be able to use the EV charging stations,
with the use of adaptor, see info below,

I was just thinking to myself the other day it would be nice to be able to use these things to charge my bike.

I haven't tried it yet, but according to the information posted, my Wart Hog MD 750 charger will handle 240V's, per the label on the back.
If I was doing a lot of travel around the USA, I would have one of these adaptors as a back up charger.
Lovelock just installed a 3 vehicle electrical charging station for cars,
I think there was 3 elect cars in town.......... LoL
I think I am the only EBike around here, that I know of.
Don

You can probably charge your e bike battery in 10 seconds at a Tesla charging station.:)

And add that juryriggjng and hogging a Level 2 for a bike battery to slow charge is going to be another "reason" for drivers to hate cyclists. Any adaptor is going to dumb down the 220 into a 120, which makes zero sense when there are tons of places to find a simple 120 outlet that isn't going to require "dumbing down" AND won't inconvience that which the Level 2 chargers are designed to support and serve: namely, electric cars.

I can't even believe I'm having to write this on an ebike forum.

Last edited:
The Society for the Perpetually Offended (SPO) is constantly looking for new reasons to get their knickers in a twist. If you lack a sense of humor, take almost everything literally, and are hungering to be the center of attention even though you have nothing to contribute, you may be a natural for SPO!
As a special treat the annual SPO search for a new reason for being offended is coming up. Come up with a new, creative, and hitherto unknown hidden insult to a group or individual and you could win the annual 10K Grand Prize!!

It would be a GREAT idea to install posters at EVERY Charging station that EBIKES are Always allowed to charge and also offer the " J" adapter on the premises.

That and a media promotion would work wonders in having ebikes sharing the public chargers with the car drivers.

This would also be a massive learning opportunity for people driving the electric cars , it will enable them to learn that ebikes can also charge from the same chargers !!

To some of the dellusional posters that have a fatal thinking flow in assuming that an ebike is not an EV: Try to educate ur selfish a$$.

Hint: an ebike/Unicyle/escooter is a LIGHT Electric Vehicle. Also called PEV.

WHAT IS a PEV for Dummys u may wonder ??
Personal Electric Vehicle.

Looking foward to my FREE Volta charging session for my PEV at the local EV charging station !!!!

I'll have to check out the 3 EV charging stations we have here,
I have never ever seen a EV charging, since this charging station was installed almost a year ago.............

I'll sure stir the pot, if I were to charge there..............We have a couple of Pinocchio nosed Karens around here................ LOL

Hey, maybe this will bring forth some more ebike ridders,
as I am the only one I know of...........around here...........LOL
Tia,
Don

To me, charging at an EV charging station would be the equivalent of sitting for 2-3 hours at a gas pump filling a gas can with a syringe. If I pulled into a gas station and saw that I would be pissed if there were no open gas pumps. I would think there is a higher than I am willing to take chance of an altercation.
I have had little problem finding hot electrical outlets to charge from in much nicer locations. I suppose in a pinch in the middle of nowhere I could, but I am not willing to carry an adapter just for that eventuality.

Back