???

I don't have a problem?

I posted the article and said " I mostly charge at home with my own solar power but it would be nice if there were some charging stations I could use for longer riding adventures. If our tax money is used for these EV chargers then we should definitely be allowed to use them."

This is already happening in national parks:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/sustainability/electric-vehicles.htm

Many of them use solar power which is a nice bonus and I recharge my ebike from my solar power everyday.

More ebikers would visit those parks if they know they can recharge.

Not that hard to install a step down transformer for a 110 volt plug on an EV charger.

Lots more people will be riding ebikes so I see convenience stores and other stores will want these and may even allow free charging and put in bike racks so we can lock up our ebikes. A bike rack with charging outlets would be ideal.

If our tax money is paying for those chargers then they should be available to all EV users including ebikes IMO.
I was trying to help/inform.

And what's going to stop some kid from trying to plug in?
It should at the very least have a non removable 220v tag/marking on it. Not that that would make it legal.
NEMA 5 is 125v. Period.
Most ebike chargers are dual-volrage and handle 110V-240V. Especially from European brands.

For me actually the fact it gives 240V was a benefit, since Bosch superfast 6A charger only available for EU market and needs 220V. So I can use it at EV stations and can't at home (without 110->220 transformer).

What is the danger? It just rewire cables and have simple.logic to initiate the charge.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
And if you ever witnessed high voltage improperly applied you'd know that is no exaggeration.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
And if you ever witnessed high voltage improperly applied you'd know that is no exaggeration.
This is same voltage half of the world have in their power sockets at home, so I personally think you are dramatize things a bit.
If EV station has standard 110V socket I would just use it, but they are not (at least those I have in my neightbouhood), so I will use available workarounds to be able to use it.

This is same voltage half of the world have in their power sockets at home, so I personally think you are dramatize things a bit.
If EV station has standard 110V socket I would just use it, but they are not (at least those I have in my neightbouhood), so I will use available workarounds to be able to use it.
Enjoy

Kind of getting off topic with the home charger guys.

Can we bring it back to the topic please:

Electric Bikes, Scooters Want in on $5 Billion For EV Chargers​

Kind of getting off topic with the home charger guys.

Can we bring it back to the topic please:

Electric Bikes, Scooters Want in on $5 Billion For EV Chargers​

The Bloomberg article is easily answered as it was in post #6 and I can't even imagine any opposition.
This other workaround will never be as it is illegal in the US

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean, like a stupid kid putting slot car brushes into a 120V outlet??
Just asking for a friend. CN
No it's much different.
It has the appearance of a standard 125v plug and anyone should be able to safely assume that it is.
It's the whole point of the NEMA Standard and what makes wiring it 220v dangerous and against code.

Equity is BS. Ask anyone who paid off a student loan what they think about equity.
I can almost guarantee that those that paid off their student loans on their own will do better in life in general. That leaves nothing wrong with helping the less fortunate as when more do better, it's better for all. Don't let 100% equity get in the way of you doing better yourself.

Equity is BS. Ask anyone who paid off a student loan what they think about equity.
I went to college for an Associate degree in architectural drafting and was only 6 credits short of graduating when the college dropped the program because the instructors were not certified. That stuck me with a huge debt and no degree the government still expected me to pay.

I stayed in college to keep the loans off my back and switched degrees to Education and graduated with an MS.

Lower income people are the ones that most need higher education to help themselves and end a cycle of poverty in their families that costs all taxpayers and society.

I was the first in my family to get a degree and then helped several of my nieces and nephews to go to college. Three are engineers and two are teachers now.

Ask me if I would have accepted that relief after the BS I was put through and the answer is yes!

Should it have been means tested and only for lower income then my answer is also yes!

I went to college for an Associate degree in architectural drafting and was only 6 credits short of graduating when the college dropped the program because the instructors were not certified. That stuck me with a huge debt and no degree the government still expected me to pay.

I stayed in college to keep the loans off my back and switched degrees to Education and graduated with an MS.

Lower income people are the ones that most need higher education to help themselves and end a cycle of poverty in their families that costs all taxpayers and society.

I was the first in my family to get a degree and then helped several of my nieces and nephews to go to college. Three are engineers and two are teachers now.

Ask me if I would have accepted that relief after the BS I was put through and the answer is yes!

Should it have been means tested and only for lower income then my answer is also yes!
You're the type of educator that I'm glad exists. You keep stupid people stupid, and all congregated together. They're too poor to move and too stupid to know why. LOL.

I can almost guarantee that those that paid off their student loans on their own will do better in life in general.
Exactly. Like most of us.
But I'd never consider hiring someone who takes out a loan and then demands that tax payers pay the debt. They can live and die on the street, as far as I'm concerned.

You're the type of educator that I'm glad exists. You keep stupid people stupid, and all congregated together. They're too poor to move and too stupid to know why. LOL.
Oh good grief!

Someday you or someone in your family may find yourself unemployed, disabled and need help and we will still help you.

My dad was in WW2 and came back with nothing to take care of his family but the GI bill made it possible so him and many people to get an education and skills and that made America the great country it is.

That was also subsidized by all tax payers.

Sad that you don't understand that helping people to get an education and better their lives and families lives helps society including you.

Best investment a government and society ever made is in the education of their citizens.

We need trades people to build, make and service things. I know plumbers and welders making more than 100k a year. No loans to pay off. Get paid to learn.

Back