ET Cycle T720 Just arrived, this is a BIG bike.

citats137

Region
Canada
I am excited to get this thing fully together and get out on my first e-bike.
It will be challenging to manage reality with my expectations without prior experience on an e-bike.
However I will update this thread with hopefully useful information as I get out on it.
But as mentioned so far this is a big bike, I am super curious how this translates in to human power riding.
IMG_20210623_203537.jpg
IMG_20210623_203602.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, on making the decision to get one.

There are undecided folks here who are still "researching" and perhaps they will get theirs in 2023.

Fat bikes aren't for everyone, but if you love it, you'll love it.

Where are you located?
I have two ordered for friends, and no notification of shipping yet.
I am in Oshawa Ontario, I did not receive any shipping notification at all, the delivery caught me by surprise. As a matter of fact my order on the site still states "processing"

Gee, that's kinda stupid not notifying you. What happens when the delivery truck pulls up and nobody's home!

I sure hope they wouldn't leave a brand new e-bike on your door step!

Too funny; Half hour after I posted, a courier co phoned to ask if I was home. Has two e-bikes for me.

This company knows how to pack an e-bike, no issues with packaging at all.
The rear rack on the bike has a scrape down to the metal, could only have occurred at the factory\install (not possible to have been shipping due to the way it was packed), not a big deal I will just use cover up paint to take care of it rather than complain. Outside of that minor scrape I swapped the position of the gears with the throttle because depressing the throttle fully would have it slightly depress one of the gear leavers.
Relatively easy to put together since most of it already was. Had to assemble the handlebars, front fender\tire and pedals. I only needed to adjust the front brake to get away from the slight rubbing. Here is where I got two small cuts on my forearm lifting the front end while spinning the wheel to listen for the rubbing, apparently the cable ties rested on my arm and scratched me pretty good.
I'm still debating on whether or not I will put on the front rack... just not sure yet about that look yet.
After my next meeting (work doesn't stop for play unfortunately) I will get out on it.

I am in Oshawa Ontario, I did not receive any shipping notification at all, the delivery caught me by surprise. As a matter of fact my order on the site still states "processing"
They're just too busy to consolidate data entry, which I can tell you is all done by hand.

They were actually overshooting the estimate date by telling everyone mid July. All their "end of June" deliveries were amazingly ahead of schedule.

This company knows how to pack an e-bike, no issues with packaging at all.
The rear rack on the bike has a scrape down to the metal, could only have occurred at the factory\install (not possible to have been shipping due to the way it was packed)
Yup, I've been noticing this on a few NCMs, especially where the rear gears can contact the inside stays, and it's mostly likely because of rush building. Not really an issue for an "inexpensive" bike, and best to just accept that a "scratch" doesn't mean "defective".

Email them a pic of your rear rack. Tell them to ship a new one!
That kind of attitude is how one can become ebike-less for the rest of the year, should they want the entire bike back.

I mean, if it looked like someone test drove the ebike and totally wiped out on outdoor asphalt, yes that kind of "scratch" would warrant an escalation. Otherwise, the only sure way a buyer can avoid any "imperfections" is to deal with a LBS where they should be prepared to spend twice as much on similar specs.

I'm going to pick up some flat black paint, I'll need it at some point so fixing this up is no real grief for me.
Don't OCD and repaint the entire thing. Unless you're an industry pro, you won't make it look better than factory.

I use an automotive touch-up paint marker. And you'll be using that a lot along with mileage put on.

It will be challenging to manage reality with my expectations without prior experience on an e-bike.
However I will update this thread with hopefully useful information as I get out on it.
But as mentioned so far this is a big bike, I am super curious how this translates in to human power riding.
Looks like a nice bike with a great price. I'll be curious regarding the range. Rad uses a 48/14 battery and yours is a 48/15. Rad says their bike will do 25/45 miles and yours says 94miles.

Looks like a nice bike with a great price. I'll be curious regarding the range..
It does because the battery is massive.

From my experience, all ebikes go "beyond" their advertised ranges if lazy folks simply just PEDALLED instead of going throttle happy e-moped mode.

20981.jpeg

Had my first ride, just a short test this evening. Played with PAS 1,2 and 3 finding 2 -3 (17-21kph) to be quite acceptable. You wouldn't know this thing weighs 76lbs and on top of that my 200lbs frame, it has a good kick but more even acceleration than I was expecting. Without PAS turned on its manageable but I wouldn't want to have to take on a hill. As for battery life I'll have to get back on that one after I've had a few decent rides to gauge it. The ride is very smooth, barely feeling any of the road ruts at all. This was a big reason why I decided on a fat bike, I wanted a relaxed stress free smooth ride. On this it seems like it is going to deliver, it's more of a fat cruiser.

Put two T-1000's together today. One had a tiny scratch on the rear rack.
Out of the 7 NCM bikes I've now put together, getting the mounting screws started for these front racks have been the biggest PITA. First one took a few curse words, second one went fairly well.
Motors feel like they have more torque than my standard Moscow. Both owners are very happy with their new toys!

I'm pretty sure it is proper etiquette around here to post some pictures of a new bike and personally I am, so far, quite disappointed in you. :rolleyes:🤣

Put two T-1000's together today. One had a tiny scratch on the rear rack.
Out of the 7 NCM bikes I've now put together, getting the mounting screws started for these front racks have been the biggest PITA. First one took a few curse words, second one went fairly well.
Motors feel like they have more torque than my standard Moscow. Both owners are very happy with their new toys!
Yes the motor is more powerful than I was expecting definitely a good thing. I've decided the front rack will stay off, I can add it at some point if I have a need. The bike is a beast

Back