Espin vs Aventon vs Ride1up

Dallasbiker

Can you tell me which one is the best? which one to choose ? spending extra money on one over other worth it?
Epsin sport $ 1,199 vs Aventon Level commuter $ 1,599 vs Ride1up 700 $ 1,495 as of Sep, 24 2020 in USA
They all look similar!

Can you tell me which one is the best? which one to choose ? spending extra money on one over other worth it?
Epsin sport $ 1,199 vs Aventon Level commuter $ 1,599 vs Ride1up 700 $ 1,495 as of Sep, 24 2020 in USA
They all look similar!

Pretty sure EBR has done reviews on all 3. Go to the review section and see for yourself.

I will admit bias because I own an Espin but just based on the comments here, seems like the Sport is the easiest to build of the 3 and is the lowest cost for the features

I think the big knock on the Aventon is the inability to throttle from stop but as one poster discovered, that actually is for safety reasons.

A big pro for Aventon is that your LBS may carry them so you have local support.

R1U is probably more popular here than Espin.

They all look similar!ry
Try the search button, these bikes have been discussed extensively in the forums.

I finally bought Ride1up 700- I am happy!
Reasons: Can use Throttle without pedaling unlike Aventon. I agree with @BigNerd. Helps a lot in Traffic stop, steep hill. Helps me to explore the city! Personal choice. I have a regular bike for exercise. I use ebike for commute, shop, cruise around. Ride1up assembly was easier than IKEA products😝

They all look similar!
I think , at least regarding free design, the Sport looks more like the Core 5 but feature wise it's more similar the other 2. I was looking at all 3 but chose the 700 but that's just my choice.

I finally bought Ride1up 700- I am happy!
Reasons: Can use Throttle without pedaling unlike Aventon. I agree with @BigNerd. Helps a lot in Traffic stop, steep hill. Helps me to explore the city! Personal choice. I have a regular bike for exercise. I use ebike for commute, shop, cruise around. Ride1up assembly was easier than IKEA products😝
The only real issue I've had with the 700 is some noise from the rear spokes. That could be weight dependent as I'm 225lbs and it only happens when applying throttle from a standstill or at low speed. I assume the sudden torque applied by the motor to the spokes combined with trying to move the weight does it. Has never happened using PAS or if I pick the rear up holding the rack and hit the throttle it's fine. I've tightened them and checked with a tension meter. It happens less and less often, if I hear it I check each spoke by hand and snug any that feels looser than the others a smidge

Back