Espin update on the Sport and Flow Models

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
Just received a minute ago:
espin

An update on your Sport or Flow​

We wanted to give you an update on your order of either a Sport or Flow bike.
We had originally expected to receive the containers at the end of November. But since then, our freight forwarder has informed us that the ports in Los Angeles are so backed up that there is no place for the vessel to dock and bring the containers onto the port. The vessel is currently docked outside the port in Los Angeles awaiting notification to discharge the containers.
As soon as we know more information, we will update you. We understand this is not the news you were hoping to hear but it should not be much longer. As soon as we receive the containers at our warehouse, we will turn them around and ship them out immediately.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process. We are working hard to get your bikes to you as soon as we can.
- The Espin Team

Just received a minute ago:
espin

We had originally expected to receive the containers at the end of November. But since then, our freight forwarder has informed us that the ports in Los Angeles are so backed up that there is no place for the vessel to dock and bring the containers onto the port. The vessel is currently docked outside the port in Los Angeles awaiting notification to discharge the containers.
As soon as we know more information, we will update you. We understand this is not the news you were hoping to hear but it should not be much longer. As soon as we receive the containers at our warehouse, we will turn them around and ship them out immediately.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process. We are working hard to get your bikes to you as soon as we can.
- The Espin Team
I received the same email. I appreciate that Espin is communicating the issues with us even though it’s frustrating waiting.

Received the same email yesterday. I am waiting for the Flow for my wife. I received the Sport. Both ordered at the same time.

Another update:
- The Espin Team

espin
f816aeeb-0298-4623-b038-327f2e398d01.png

Questions?​

FAQ | [email protected] | (855) 528-0108
© 2020 Espin Bikes, All rights reserved.
7049 Redwood Blvd Suite 108 Novato, California 94945
View in Bro

Yup, got the same one a few minutes ago. Not long now!

One container has been cleared and we have received it at our warehouse. The second container is estimated to also arrive early next week and we are hoping that it will get cleared and arrive at our fulfillment center shortly after. But with the holiday season right around the corner, things seem to be moving slower. But rest assured, our team is working overtime during this holiday to get all the bikes labeled for shipping so we can get them sent out as soon as possible, so you can start off 2021 in style.

We will keep you updated with any news that we receive. But bikes are almost there! Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful holiday!

Just did a ride this morning from Huntington Beach to Bolsa Chica and you can see over 20+ cargo ships off the shore... I'm sure someone's e-bike is out there... I know it sucks not to have it time for the holidays but it will eventually get to you.

Just did a ride this morning from Huntington Beach to Bolsa Chica and you can see over 20+ cargo ships off the shore... I'm sure someone's e-bike is out there... I know it sucks not to have it time for the holidays but it will eventually get to you.
BigNerd...I'm long beach....hoping to make the same ride soon as our bikes are sched for delivery end of jan....we have a pass at crystal cove as well...can't wait

@alfaman We’ve done the Long Beach beach ride once, it was awesome.

Going up LA River is not as scenic but I really like what they’ve done with that Long Beach area as I haven’t been there in ages.

i had a good friend who passed away a few years ago..his dream was to make long beach the most bike friendly city in california...he was involved in the beach ride up to the queen mary

We are in the same boat :) Been waiting since I ordered a Flow in October for my wife's birthday in early December. Got an email late last week that it shipped via FedEx and would receive it yesterday. In reality all they did was notify FedEx that some were ready to be picked up so we don't have it and it shows that FedEx hasn't received it yet. This has certainly been frustrating. Had hoped to use her Flow to determine if I wanted one also. Will probably look for a bike I can get my hands on in a week not months.

I worked for a pretty good size outfit that did a lot of truck load/container load shipping years ago. Though I'm in line with you, and would like to have seen one of the notes like you received (but didn't!), I agree with your assesment. They've got a bunch of bikes sitting there in their warehouse, have processed the shipping paper work for some, but not all of them. When they have an entire truck load ready to pick up, THEN they call the shipper telling them they have a load that's ready to pick up. The reason they do that, vs. shipping them out one at a time, is about the discount they get with the shipping company. The bigger the shipment, the higher the discount....

I think shipping has been an issue for a lot of companies in the last months - and now we're beginning "returnsmagedden", as it's being referred to by logistics and shipping companies, for the next several weeks. Everyone is overwhelmed.

My son just took his new Espin sport for its first ride. Still checking it out but there are some things I like and some I don't compared to my Ride1up 700 series. I really wish the PAS levels were adjustable as the jump from 1 to 2 seems like a big jump in power. Any possible way to adjust this or I guess not?Any possible way to adjust this or I guess not?

Last edited:
So my son's Sport wouldn't go into the highest gear so it turns out the derailleur guard was bent and wouldn't allow the derailleur to travel far enough to get in that gear. So I had to strategically use a hammer to bend it back then did a full adjustment and lube. I think the front sprocket may be very slightly bent as well. The box looked good so I don't think it happened during shipping so maybe at the factory?

Back