Error 7 BBS02 help needed brand new bike

ColeMcGu

I purchased a brand new bike direct from a known company with stock 750w BBS02 Bafang center mount motor and upgraded during purchase process to a 52v17ah battery. Upon receipt the bike worked great. I then charged the battery to full for the first time and got an error 7 code that the battery voltage is too high.
The seller states that the firmware needs updated to accept this battery and sent me a program, a file and a cable.
I have attempted to update the firmware on 4 different laptops unsuccessfully. Feeling completely and wholly frustrated at this point as I have to either discharge my battery or not fully charge my battery just to have an operational bike. There are reportedly other customers who have received their bike with battery upgrade functional.
Short of sending the bike back (costly for them), do any of you have any solutions? Someone suggested using an eggrider. Would that work if the firmware is reportedly the problem.
Does anyone have a firmware upgrade that actually works? Clearly the one I was sent doesn’t. They are sending me a new cable to see if this is the problem.
They have offered to downgrade the battery. Yes I know this is an option, however I ordered this combination because it was offered and others report it working as designed. The seller should stand behind their products I shouldn’t have to compromise because they forgot to update the firmware before shipping it out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a computer programmer (and do think the fact I have to do this on a brand new bike is completely ridiculous) however I am willing to try if it gets the bike to function as purchased.
Thanks

I have confirmed with Eggrider that eggrider v2 is not a fix for the control firmware problem. Any other suggestions?

You did notice in your research that if you don’t buy from a local shop, you are the mechanic and troubleshooter, right? Is there a Velofix franchise near you?

You did notice in your research that if you don’t buy from a local shop, you are the mechanic and troubleshooter, right? Is there a Velofix franchise near you?

Unfortunately no there is no Velofix here or even remotely close. Yes I get the woes of buying outside lbs. I expected getting a functioning bike and quality control from a known dealer. Unfortunately that comment isn’t helpful now. 😕

Bafang now ships motors, with 48V and 52V versions of the firmware.

Thanks rich this is helpful! Also reinforces this was a known problem and not new!
Bafang has long objected to 52V batteries. Early this year they shipping ALL BBSHD motors with 48V, 54.6v, limits.
Nightmares ensued...

OOPS!!!! Read BBS02 and thought BBSHD.

I've never seen a BBS02 with an error 07. Please tell us more? Serial number? Build date? A picture of the underside of the motor would be much appreciated.

I got a new cable and was able to do an update. All is well now. Error 7 is cleared and bike is humming like a song. I tried to delete post but I cant’t. However moderator can close it as the problem is resolved.

What do you mean by an update? You updated or changed program settings or were provided firmware to update?

What do you mean by an update? You updated or changed program settings or were provided firmware to update?
The bike as shipped did not accept the 52v battery it was ordered with. Therefore the firmware needed to be updated to accept the larger battery without giving me an error 7 code. The seller sent me the cable and code to update the firmware and I am cruising down the road happy as a lark now.

Will you please share the firmware file? Bafang is seldom very helpful with those files. You may be helping others with their issues!

Back