Ergonomic Grips

LoriB

Region
USA
I have an Ancheer that I love riding but my hand keeps going numb. I have some carpal tunnel pain occasionally so this is not surprising. I read several post in various forums praising the Ergon grips so I bought some only to discover the Ancheer has a plastic piece build into the right grip that attaches to the throttle. This means I can’t install the Ergon grips.
Has anyone found an ergonomic grip that fits the setup of the Ancheer or a way to make a grip work?

Thanks
IMG_7282.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg
ther is a spring under the plastic piece that attaches to the throttle.
View attachment 155523
IMG_7282.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg
View attachment 155523

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean about the Ancheer without a picture, but Ergon does sell some of their grips in shortened versions to account for things like Enviolo shifters, so that might work for you.

Welcome. You can always wrap the grips with textured gel handlebar grip tape. Bike shops toss the extra from road bikes everyday. Bring the bike shop folks a six-pack of IPA and they will give you enough for the job. Also ask for a two, four inch pieces of used brake housing. Put some on the front or back side of the existing grips with electrical tape before wrapping. It will make them nicely contoured. Start the wrap from toward the outside of the bike and wrap back toward the center. This will keep the grip tape from coming undone.

I have 3 ebikes and each have a grip that works for the bike. (still working on the 3rd). Please include the model you have so we can peek at the handlebars included on the bike so we can help answer. Handlebars have multiple different angles that can mean a different style grip.
Same goes for seat placement.
And it could be different if you have a twist throttle.

Welcome. You can always wrap the grips with textured gel handlebar grip tape. Bike shops toss the extra from road bikes everyday. Bring the bike shop folks a six-pack of IPA and they will give you enough for the job. Also ask for a two, four inch pieces of used brake housing. Put some on the front or back side of the existing grips with electrical tape before wrapping. It will make them nicely contoured. Start the wrap from toward the outside of the bike and wrap back toward the center. This will keep the grip tape from coming undone.
That’s brilliant. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean about the Ancheer without a picture, but Ergon does sell some of their grips in shortened versions to account for things like Enviolo shifters, so that might work for you.
Thanks for the info, Ergon told me they don’t make a grip for bikes with throttles like mine.

Does the side for the throttle have a larger diameter opening than the other side? If so, they would be perfect,
Thanks

I have 3 ebikes and each have a grip that works for the bike. (still working on the 3rd). Please include the model you have so we can peek at the handlebars included on the bike so we can help answer. Handlebars have multiple different angles that can mean a different style grip.
Same goes for seat placement.
And it could be different if you have a twist throttle.
It is a twist throttle. I added photos of the throttle and grip to my post.
This is the bike.

Thanks

The handlebar is 22.2 mm, you’re right. Sadly, the throttle setup necessitates a grip with a larger opening on the right hand side.
@LoriB, Okay then. The road bike grip tape is the way to go then. Across the top of a road bike I will lay down a strip of this grip tape before wrapping for extra padding. With road bikes you have more pressure on your hands than with casual bikes. The padding helps. I think it could help you too. Oh, it is vital that it does not touch the throttle. The diagram is for the left side. The right is a mirror image.

Attachments

• roadwrap.jpg
    roadwrap.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 84
@LoriB, Okay then. The road bike grip tape is the way to go then. Across the top of a road bike I will lay down a strip of this grip tape before wrapping for extra padding. With road bikes you have more pressure on your hands than with casual bikes. The padding helps. I think it could help you too. Oh, it is vital that it does not touch the throttle. The diagram is for the left side. The right is a mirror image.
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Next time around give these a try... I found them much more comfortable and with thicker better placed padding.
I've had them a year and they've held up well.

Price is up though, I got them for $16.50 delivered

Screenshot_20230619-181019_Chrome.jpg

This is the solution I found. https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Thrott...28-a4e7-75ff85e643cb&pd_rd_i=B08R7MFF31&psc=1
They might not be the best but the work. I might also try the gloves.
Thanks everyone.
I have a very similar half twist throttle and along with the gloves it does help.
Recently I added these which allow me to change hand position which I found helps as well.
Screenshot_20230625-115245_Chrome.jpg

There are nicer ones and I wish these were just a bit longer.

Back