Ergon grips

DDBB

Not really happy with the grips on my Haibike.. I like the Ergon GP-1's or GS-1s. I wish they came in all black...Anyone install these on their trekking bike? Wife's Gazelle came with them and the palm pad is very generous and comfortable

I consider them to be essential. For trekking I also have the short bar end horns. I don't grip the horns, but they allow me to completely relax my grip and just lean the side of my hands against the horns while resting my hands on top of the grips.

I love mine. Make sure you check the application one set is for straight bars and the other is for angled bars. I am sure it is not that big of a deal if you get them switched but you might as well get the most for your money.

I consider them to be essential. For trekking I also have the short bar end horns. I don't grip the horns, but they allow me to completely relax my grip and just lean the side of my hands against the horns while resting my hands on top of the grips.

I agree: I just put the GS-2s on my eMTB and like them a lot. I find I use the bar ends occasionally just to have a different hand position. They don't get in the way of regular riding and the flexibility is very nice.

To the OP: Ergon Bike's web site has a pretty decent product selector wizard that may help you decide between the GP and GS series if you haven't already. I could have gone with either but my LBS had the GS in stock so that made the decision easy. If you want something really interesting check out the cork version. Might be just the thing for trekking.

Soon all 5 bikes here will have them. Little attention is paid to the Ergon pedals, but they are quite nice as well.

Update: bought the GP1's in size large and they are perfect.. I wanted the GS-1's as they look cooler but they cost more and appear to have a slightly smaller palm pad..

I use the GC1 single twist shifter grips, right one is shorter than the left to accommodate my Nexus 8 Revoshifter, and my bars are swept back

They came as original equipment on our R&M Nevo & Homage. I added them to our Cube touring hybrid. Essential kit.

Back