EnegryPak Plus range extender (2020) - not working

Andy Tee

Might need your help, guys. Got EnergyPak Plus range extender and it's not working. At all. Main battery goes flat all way down and extender doesn't kick in when it supposed to. Bike powers down when main is flat, turning it ON again gives the same error like main battery is missing - middle red flashing and no power on pedals. Thoughts?

Did you press the power button on the range extender after turning on the bike?

Did you press the power button on the range extender after turning on the bike?

There is no need to. Bike is already on. According to user manual, power from extender should kick in automatically when main battery reaches 15%. I can press it anytime - it's only for battery level indication and it only lit for few seconds then goes off.

There is no need to. Bike is already on. According to user manual, power from extender should kick in automatically when main battery reaches 15%. I can press it anytime - it's only for battery level indication and it only lit for few seconds then goes off.

Step 2
1591768535744.png

Interesting. Thank you for noticing that. So, turn main on and then push button on extender to make sure "EnergyPak Plus is now connected to the system". In this case when bike powers down (like, after long idle while I tell stories to fellow riders) I would need to ensure that I follow same procedure when turning bike back on again. Otherwise, if button on extender not pressed, main goes flat and system would not talk to the extender. Hmmm

Might need your help, guys. Got EnergyPak Plus range extender and it's not working. At all. Main battery goes flat all way down and extender doesn't kick in when it supposed to. Bike powers down when main is flat, turning it ON again gives the same error like main battery is missing - middle red flashing and no power on pedals. Thoughts?
I have exactly the same problem - it worked fine for a year but the last 2 rides it never came on and the main battery went dead on me typically on an incline- the extender battery shows full and I did press it on the ride to check it was fully loaded and I have never had to press it on start up. It always just kicked in when the main one started depleting. Any help gratefully appreciated - this is an expensive piece of kit and the guys in the shop had no idea - they are ringing Giant tomorrow hopefully for a solution but they didn't think putting the bike on their diagnostics would actually sort it.

I have exactly the same problem - it worked fine for a year but the last 2 rides it never came on and the main battery went dead on me typically on an incline- the extender battery shows full and I did press it on the ride to check it was fully loaded and I have never had to press it on start up. It always just kicked in when the main one started depleting. Any help gratefully appreciated - this is an expensive piece of kit and the guys in the shop had no idea - they are ringing Giant tomorrow hopefully for a solution but they didn't think putting the bike on their diagnostics would actually sort it.
I am having the same problem now. Did Giant shed any light on what the problem is.

Back