Electronic Shifting Options--any advice, experience?

OK, bit I see it being closer to $3,000 with all required parts, correct me if I am wrong.
---------------
Necessary parts:
  • Bosch Intuvia Display Unit ($190 on e-Bay, (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) )
  • (Also need display holder Bosch Intuvia and Nyon Display Holder – 1500mm cable ) $44
  • Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 ($1,802 https://www.cyclemonkey.com/hubs/rohloff-speedhub-50014-disc-brake-hub-1 )
  • E-14 Parts Kit (dealers can order here)
  • Switch Unit (handlebar-mounted shifter)
  • DC/DC-CAN Converter
  • Extension/Connection Cable (400-1000mm lengths available)
  • Shifter Unit (SPEEDHUB-mounted gear mech)
  • Bosch eShift Y-Cable (various options available depending on battery type & cable length required)
  • Not really sure of all the parts costs + install
Anyone in NJ/NJ done this to try before I buy?

Or do I fly to California to Cycle Monkey first?
---------------
Read the info, left CycleMonkey an e-mail, no response.
IF one were to consider this modification, is that company the only option, being on the West Coast, etc., etc., etc.?

So, Charlie from Cycle Monkey answered my inquiry as to the anticipated cost for this on my Super Commuter. He states around $3,000.
Hey Charlie, is there anyplace here on the East Coast that has this system installed for me to try it out before I even consider plunking down $3k +/-???
I'm all for the excitement, pleasure, all the positive aspects but again, Judge Judy would tell me, "Did you ask all the questions first? Did you ask to see a completed conversion? Did you have the opportunity to test it before your did it?"
So, I'm asking.
Anyone see this, do this, opinions?

My wife's Gazelle has an 8 speed nexus IGH and I have to say I'm quite jealous as she breezes through gear changes while I concentrate on derailleur shifting constantly. The need to relax pedal pressure for shifts under load is still there though, that's the only thing she struggles with. I wince every time I hear a mashed gear change from her bike but fortunately that's not very often

Back