Electric Velomobile for $4k

Brilliant design..!
Didn't see any specs but if it had 40 mile range, I would totally get one.
Perfect for carrying sport kits, bags, groceries, and not to worry about rain/hot sun, relaxed seating position. All in all a great concept.

Awesome! I'm planning to visit Organic Transit (to check out the ELF) on this road trip. It's a neat concept that got its start on Kickstarter. For ~$5K base model you get a 600 watt geared motor, 20mph top speed and a 14 mile range with the unique body to keep wind and rain out.

It's wider than an ebike so I question its use on trails and it doesn't seem to offer much suspension or safety features for use on bumpy roads or around cars but as a neighborhood electric vehicle and grocery getter it could be a great product! The colors are nice too :)

Getting a little off topic ... but one of these with pedal assist would be way cook :)

Veloschmitt at Spezi 2014

velomobile-1.jpg velomobile-2.jpg passenger-velomobile.jpg

Source: Harry Lieben

Andrew

Go Green Trikes delivers commercial cargo using electric-assist tricycles instead of petroleum-burning vehicles.

Smaller loads will be ferried on LeFave’s ELF, a 3-foot-wide covered tricycle that carries a total of 350 pounds and can cruise at 20 mph. Pedal power is augmented by a solar-powered battery that runs for about 20 miles on a charge.

LeFave next week expects to take delivery of her first Truck Trike, an electric-assist, 9-foot-long vehicle that hauls about 600 pounds. The trike can reach speeds of 15 mph and run for about 100 miles on a charge.

Source: LSJ.com

Andrew

It's an interesting 3 wheel velomobile, @Winnipeg_Rider! Wonder how they manufacture an epoxy made from plant resins? Epoxy is a pretty toxic material, so how do you have a sealant and glue that's non-toxic? The unit looks a little lighter than an ELF, too.

Pebl 3wheel vehicle.jpg

Very interesting idea. I wish that those kind off eBikes were allowed to ride up to 30mph on public roads. I would buy one in no time.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I need to visit Organic Transit one day, as they are only a 20min drive away.
I seriously considered the ELF but the $9,000 price tag and the 48" wide front convinced me to opt for the Pedalist - $4,900 and only 35" wide - perfect for commuting in Brooklyn and Manhattan where bike paths aren't good for 4 ft wide (and my wallet cringed at $10k with shipment). Solar charging is cool but not an extra $5k cool...

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I seriously considered the ELF but the $9,000 price tag and the 48" wide front convinced me to opt for the Pedalist - $4,900 and only 35" wide - perfect for commuting in Brooklyn and Manhattan where bike paths aren't good for 4 ft wide (and my wallet cringed at $10k with shipment). Solar charging is cool but not an extra $5k cool...

Back