Electric Bike Battery Repair & Repacking

Thanks for the very good info, however way over my knowledge of testing, batteries are two years old and we ride a lot in spring through summer and fall. I have noticed quite a difference when I pull the cart with the puppy .
HarryS gives the best advice. There's nothing mysterious about using the meter he suggested. IMO it a critical tool and very easy to implement and learn how to use. I came to eBikes from a career as a horticultural director. ZERO electrical background except for using sprinkler controls. A WATT METER AND A MULTIMETER CAN SAVE A LOT OF HEADACHES AND ENABLE OTHERS TO HELP YOU SORT ISSUES.

On a side note, batterys like these can cost you your life if something goes wrong, so I wont fiddle around with them, period.
Amen. I still remember the time in the mid 60's while I was a radio tech in the USMC and was knocked off a stool onto the floor for putting my where it shouldn't go.

You might be interested by the Made-to-be-repairable (and Fireproof!) battery we've designed at Gouach in France!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/infinite-the-repairable-universal-ebike-battery/x/8167177#/

UTCodkq.png

If you had been able to heat the Bosch cells the same way, they would have vented safely like your battery. , Most other .plastic case batteries with quality cells would do the same. Drilling thru the Bosch cells can create a short circuit that heats so fast, the cell ignites before the vents can do any good. Nonetheless, you have a nice advancement in packaging. Good ideas. Well done,

I'd buy a few, except I already own some packs that I feel are safe enough because they have quality cells.,

If you're going to extoll the fireproof quality of your battery, qualify that it works with quality cells. If some guy loads it up with junk cells, they may not have the safety features and may just self ignite in the case. What happens then?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some one used junk cells either. I mean, the claim is that this is fireproof. Let’s not worry about cell quality.

What would the outcome be if these UltraFire cells cells were used? Surely the Bosch battery uses better cells than these.

How did you heat the cell? Did you over discharge them? At what C rate? Do you mean the 20P, 25P, 35E, 30P, or 29E? Maybe you can overdischarge the Bosch battery at the same C rate.

Back