ECOTRIC LEOPARD 26" ISSUE

CaptNoize

I just bought a 26" Leopard on Ebay 3 weeks ago. I received it a week later,and assembled it. The minute I opened the box,I noticed the LCD had a burn mark on the inside,at the bottom of the display. I charged the battery fully,installed it on the bike,turn it on...and Nothing. No Display. No function at all. I emailed the seller,and they told me they'd send me a new display (S900) and it would solve the problem. I received it today,and the issue I have is I'll have to cut the shrink wrap off the existing cable/brake cable and try to fish it down thru the frame.( Good Luck with that). Does anyone know what kind of shrink wrap I can replace it with. The seller recommends "wrapping" it with tape...UGH..! :confused::rolleyes::mad: I'll hook it up first,before I try disassembling the "harness". Any thoughts/ideas on an easier fix from this forum...??

They used shrink wrap and not spiral wrap? My Ecotric used spiral wrap.

I had seen it packed in some of my kits, but I had never used it, thinking that plastic spiral sheathing was better, but I was quickly convinced. I bought a roll and when I later upgraded my display for an LCD, I used the spiral wrap, This was $9 at amazon.

I didn;t have to thread my LCD cable thru the frame like you, Will the connector go thru? If not, after you verify the LCD fixes your problem, maybe you should just splice it by the handlebars.

spiral_wrap.jpg

I had seen it packed in some of my kits, but I had never used it, thinking that plastic spiral sheathing was better, but I was quickly convinced. I bought a roll and when I later upgraded my display for an LCD, I used the spiral wrap, This was $9 at amazon.

I didn;t have to thread my LCD cable thru the frame like you, Will the connector go thru? If not, after you verify the LCD fixes your problem, maybe you should just splice it by the handlebars.

View attachment 47911
Thanks for the info. That's what I'm considering for the fix,provided that IS the problem. I'll let you know. And yes...it is spiral wrap

View attachment 47911
I had a further chance to examine the cable and wrap today. It is covered with spiral wrap. I can probably unwrap it off,then reapply it. I will let you know how this all works out.

I need to lower my seat further down,since the factory seat is painful and too high. Other than the usual standard way,is there anything else I can do. I did order a wider seat. I will ride this no more than an hour each way,to work.

I have the Hammer model and even though I’m 5’10’’ I eventually cut an inch off the down tube on the frame as it was also too high. No harm was done to the bike and now it’s just right!

I have the Hammer model and even though I’m 5’10’’ I eventually cut an inch off the down tube on the frame as it was also too high. No harm was done to the bike and now it’s just right!
Thats probably what I may need to do with this.... I got the new LCD display and before I installed it,I plugged it in direct. The display powered up. After further examination, I've decided to cut the display cable and install JST male/female connectors at the handle bars. This will be better in the fact that if the display needs changed again,it can be disconnected right there. I will try to add pics after I install it.

Last edited:
Back