Ebikes "at work"

Because of ridiculous liquor laws in Pennsylvania, we buy wine by the case delivered by FedEx, but wine (or beer, or sodapop ) is pretty heavy to carry in the trailer, isn't it?
The trailer is rated for 100lbs - had no problem with half a case of wine plus groceries a couple of weeks ago.

I have thought about Instacarting from Wine World to get a better selection, but that would mean another car on the road for my delivery 🤪!

I am out the door to drop off the $299 Target Gateway bike that I changed up and made electric. It has a rack and removable shopping basket to get things done around town. A Mundo will fit a case of IPA bottles in its front basket.
Big basket. Mine will only hold an emergency six pack.

The trailer is rated for 100lbs - had no problem with half a case of wine plus groceries a couple of weeks ago.

I have thought about Instacarting from Wine World to get a better selection, but that would mean another car on the road for my delivery 🤪!
If you can haul it comfortably, that's great. These little trailers probably deserve more credit than I've given them. Or you do.

case of wine
I am in the Wine Country of Coastal Northern California. Oddly, people here use wine metaphors. And I have one. A guy wanted me to check out a 20Ah battery for him this week. The specifications looked good for the price. But it did not come from a known source and the type of cells were not mentioned. That would be like buying a case of low priced wine on the internet that does not mention where it came from or the varietal of grapes.
1643924674476.jpeg
1643924936965.jpeg

An older thread on this topic here.
It's fun even if some of the photos have been photoshopped.

Had the Day Tripper out for an 11 mile practice yesterday, just to get the feel of it on rural road conditions. Was happy to find out it's not rattly or jumpy when empty. Now I have to do a longer test run under load!

IMG_20220209_121759661_HDR.jpg

I have hauled groceries (and wine!) on several occasions, but the distance from the store home is only about a mile. Both bike and trailer have done well, but I'm looking to be able to hit the farm stands scattered around the area soon, so want to practice the longer distances.

Howz it going every body!! This whole week's weather has been very favorable for riding with crisp morning breeze and afternoons are cooler. I have been able to bike to work daily, it's Aloha Friday today it's an easy peasy day I'm just giving a helping hand installing cabinet doors to pass time. Pictures of common tools I use in the shop noticed my bike behind the table saw, that's the most useful tool for me it gets me to work and have a blast doing it. It feels good also to work next to my bike. My Ebike at work.

Attachments

• 20221209_080330.jpg
    20221209_080330.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221209_102053.jpg
    20221209_102053.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20221209_102037.jpg
    20221209_102037.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20221209_083720.jpg
    20221209_083720.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20221209_081611.jpg
    20221209_081611.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20221209_081749.jpg
    20221209_081749.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 91
Nice you can bring your bike into your work space, we have a bike ban in place where I work, although I think its more an honor system thing because I've seen people bring their bike or electric skateboards into the building and haven't been stopped by security. I recently bought an Arkel Haul-It sling pannier to hold my backpack for when IT swap out my desktop for a laptop docking station, but so far I've just used it to carry grocery bags and the other day my daughter's scooter so I was glad for the height adjustable strap.

I have built a few small Racks for my bike but nothing like you guys have. First pic is my Pizza rack purchased one of those insulated bags and works perfectly. Second one is a small grocery rack just for a few items. Generally just use my bike for running errands.

Attachments

• Pizza 1.jpg
    Pizza 1.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Grocery Getter.jpg
    Grocery Getter.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 97
I used to haul tropical hardwoods on a homemade trailer using my long wheel recumbent. man 200 pounds on a trailer makes it feel like someone ran into you on every bump.

I rode a converted Yuba Mundo today fully loaded to a Repair Fair where I worked on bikes for free. People brought everything from toasters to laptops to jeans to be repaired and kept from the landfill. That was a lot of fun. The Mundo is big and can hold up to 440 pounds in the cargo area, more in the front, plus the ridder.

I rode a converted Yuba Mundo today fully loaded to a Repair Fair where I worked on bikes for free. People brought everything from toasters to laptops to jeans to be repaired and kept from the landfill. That was a lot of fun. The Mundo is big and can hold up to 440 pounds in the cargo area, more in the front, plus the ridder.
Plus the rider..

Back