Ebikes are too heavy.

Calibike

Ebikes are too heavy. I use ebike as car replacement in los Angeles. Use ebike and metro. But carrying 60lb ebike up and down metro stairs was too much. So i designed the 33c3 33lb 33mph 1500w ebike. Its my daily driver

Went to Superbowl w ebike. parking started at 150 went to 400. Couldnt afford parking let alone tx. Ebike parking was free.

This is so true. Nice ebike!
After my Mother went through 2 ebikes that weighed just under 80lbs. I was on a mission to create a light fast ebike.
Mine weighed in at about 40lbs , full carbon frame (SAVA carbon folding bike) , with some heavy components I could shave a few more pounds if I got a lighter seat and stem. Top speed throttle only of 36mph/58kph on a pure flat road. You don't need the frame battery (luna) there is another battery under the seat that will get you about 25 miles just the throttle wide open. This thing hauls ...and climbs any hill with pedaling as an option but not necessary.
My next build will be based on the hummingbird folding bike. (bike in blue)

0501222031a_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• hummingbird.jpg
    hummingbird.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 112
Ebikes are too heavy. I use ebike as car replacement in los Angeles. Use ebike and metro. But carrying 60lb ebike up and down metro stairs was too much. So i designed the 33c3 33lb 33mph 1500w ebike. Its my daily driver

Went to Superbowl w ebike. parking started at 150 went to 400. Couldnt afford parking let alone tx. Ebike parking was free.

Well done !!!

battery size ?

Back