Ebike withdrawal due to poor air quality (wildfire smoke)

I had an awesome ride today, and saw lots of very happy cyclists, joggers, walkers, etc.! Yippeeee! I hope it lasts!

It never cleared up here and our unhealthy number is at 195 this morning. I am looking for somewhere to haul my travel trailer to where there might be fresher air. Unfortunately, it is the worst week to be doing that what with Labor Day coming up. I shall be doing research. East or West??

It never cleared up here and our unhealthy number is at 195 this morning. I am looking for somewhere to haul my travel trailer to where there might be fresher air. Unfortunately, it is the worst week to be doing that what with Labor Day coming up. I shall be doing research. East or West??

I bottomed out at 119 (I could actually see the stars last night) and now am at 168. On my way to San Francisco today.

The least bad air has been on the coast. There have been pockets around Fidalgo Island and the San Juans as well.

We got a few drops of rain yesterday and a lot of wind which seemed to just stir up the smoke and make it thicker. I've started walking again as I cannot see any relief on the way, and might as well ride my bike in it too. I can sum up the month of August by simply saying, Bah.

I guess I'd call this The Lost Summer.

Actually, it is a lot better this morning. I just took a good look. I can see the hills to the east this morning and it looks like it rained more last night. Hoping for more rain today and tonight. This is the clearest morning since it all started.

Take a look at this depressing forecast:
Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 7.17.11 PM.png
I believe purple means HAZARDOUS. Yikes. The white days are white because there isn't a forecast for those days yet.....

Today the air was good and we took a 27-ish mile ride. One of the lakeside streets had a "no car" day, so it was closed to cars, and such fun to ride there. Our daughter went along also on her ebike, and we had fun!

Back