ebike Speed Unlock - free

I wouldn't suggest you to try this method.
You could snag that sensor cable and unnecessarily strain the motor.
I hear ya, I just ordered the Bikespeed-RS dongle for my Sduro Trekking. I wasn't sure I would need a higher stop speed than 20mph, but I definitely noticed the limitation on today's ride. I'm not sure I'll be pegging 28 every day, but I could've used an extra 3 or 4 today. I'm not going to mess around with moving sensors and getting incorrect readings, I'm doing it right!

Moved the sensor the first week I got my current bike.
I didn't really need to know how fast I was going, but wanted to keep an eye on my cadence, so I moved the sensor over and dropped a magnet onto the pedal bolt. Just take any 1/2" or less magnet, and stick it to the pedal bolt, then align it with the sensor.
So now I know if my speedometer reads 10.5 mph, then I am about at my comfort cadence.
The side benefit of this sensor re-position means that the assist won't cut off at 20mph.
I don't even know when the pas cuts off or if it even does.
I have a throttle, but never use it, so I am not sure if the throttle will cut off at 20mph or not still.
So if you are looking to enhance your top speed, then this re-positioning does work, and so far it has not caused me anykind of side effects. Just keep in mind that your readings from your display will not be accurate.

I hear ya, I just ordered the Bikespeed-RS dongle for my Sduro Trekking. I wasn't sure I would need a higher stop speed than 20mph, but I definitely noticed the limitation on today's ride. I'm not sure I'll be pegging 28 every day, but I could've used an extra 3 or 4 today. I'm not going to mess around with moving sensors and getting incorrect readings, I'm doing it right!
I bought my bike speed rs from Germany. Impressed with quality and connections. I did use a heat glue gun to seal the main lead into box, and wrapped box with electric tape to give it a bit more weather proofing, bearing in mind i'm just outside of London, UK.

This dongle works well. I've changed front chainring to a Haibike ss 20t and managed to hit 40mph on flat, all be it for 3 seconds and nearly had a heart attack!

That's pretty fast! I've hit 30-ish on a descent with my Sduro Trekking, which is about the limit I'm comfortable with on what is essentially a basic 700c hybrid. It may have the hydraulic brakes to stop in a hurry from 40mph, but I'm not counting on it to have the motorcycle handling necessary to match the brakes!

Back