Can i increase max speed to more then 28 on original aventure

Jtac15

I have an aventure and want more speed. I had it unlocked and it was rolling along at 32-33 mph. I since lowered it for another rider. When i went to max it out again it tops out now at 28. Anyone know how to get more speed out of this bike? I have a feeling aventon changed it back to 28. B4 i changed it top speed on my app was set at 32. That 4-5 mph is a big difference. Thanks for any insight.

I'm still able to push mine up past 28, but that's because before when unlocked it was racing ahead of my pedaling, so I swapped out the chainring and cassette so I'm now rocking 53:11-36

I did notice a bit of power drop though, before with this setup I was able to push up to 38-ish, now 34 seems about the limit on the same stretch of road.

Given that stock it could easily race out from under you faster than you were pedaling, so that you're basically freewheeling, I can see dropping the max as sensible, even if it does kind of screw over those of us who often ride on main roads.

I'm still able to push mine up past 28, but that's because before when unlocked it was racing ahead of my pedaling, so I swapped out the chainring and cassette so I'm now rocking 53:11-36

I did notice a bit of power drop though, before with this setup I was able to push up to 38-ish, now 34 seems about the limit on the same stretch of road.

Given that stock it could easily race out from under you faster than you were pedaling, so that you're basically freewheeling, I can see dropping the max as sensible, even if it does kind of screw over those of us who often ride on main roads.
Thanks. I might look into that. I feel “slow” at 28 mph.

Back