ebike prices, some good deals recently

Rexlion

Region
USA
City
Tulsa metro
Are other folks noticing some good prices on ebikes lately? Especially on preowned ones?

When I bought my ebike a year or so ago, it seemed like anything with a big-brand-name mid drive was at least $3,000. But I was in my LBS this week and they had a Scott Sub Active, which has the Bosch mid drive, on sale for $2150. They had a full-suspension Scott for $3500, I think the guy said its MSRP was $5k. Sounded like good deals.

Then, last night I was looking at used ebikes on FB marketplace. The low asking prices surprised me. I was looking particularly at the Electra Townies because I like that geometry. I saw a Townie 7D rear hub ebike for $450. An 8D mid drive for $1,000. And a barely used 8i mid drive with Nexus hub for $1250. Then there's the guy in town who buys and reviews ebikes for his YT channel and resells them; he's offering a Ride1Up Portola, nearly factory fresh, for $700 (70% of new). I think my next ebike is going to be a pre-owned one. I'm debating between the 8D and the 8i, but leaning toward the 8i (internal hubs have always sounded like a nice feature).

I just got a new Yamaha cross core RC for $2000 out the door and that included a second battery. I’ve been watching this fight for sometime and that seems to be a value of around $4500. I decided that although I had a great experience with Luna as a consumer direct product, I really wanted a local bike store.

I just replaced a refrigerator. When you price a french door 28-30 cubic foot fridge, you realize how ridiculous ebikes are priced.
So true! I realize pedagos are on the expensive side, but my city commuter Platinum was the price of my fridge, dishwasher and oven!

Now I'm debating second battery for some longer trips this summer and realize I could buy a new bike for the price of just the battery!

Ebike price is the same here only discount being offered is free shipping and $500 offering from State for purchasing an Ebike. Bulls Yamaha Emtbs and the likes. They remain at $7k plus .
I noticed when streaming on YouTube lots of unfamiliar brands are $1000 or a bit more. They not my cuppa tea.

I just replaced a refrigerator. When you price a french door 28-30 cubic foot fridge, you realize how ridiculous ebikes are priced.

I just replaced an evaporator fan motor on my refrigerator.

Screenshot_20240408-045733_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Now I can buy a new ebike with the money I saved on a new fridge. 😂

Last edited:
Back