"Early June" Radrover shipments

Mine was beat all to hell in the late May shipment just coming through 5 stops. Nothing super bad, just scratches and nicks here and there, mostly on the wheels. And a gouge on the forks. They really need to listen to the consumers when people say that shipping needs to be improved.

Yea, I'm pretty apprehensive, but if it's just cosmetic damage I won't be too bummed. I'd like to hear how JJ's bike turned out.

Mine shipped today, too. It's coming across the country to GA so I hope UPS isn't too cruel.

Yep, mine is coming to Alabama. I'm not very optimistic given how people have talked about how the box has arrived. I don't really understand what is so difficult about shipping something, even cross country, by ground. I realize you can't control how rough the people who handle the package are, but if it is packaged correctly, it really shouldn't matter.

well mine arrived here in Texas. Not a scratch or scrape or anything on the box. it was in perfect condition. took the bike out of the box and its flawless.

my only concern was/is the battery was lying free on the bottom of the box, not wrapped or anything, so i am guessing it got bounced around a bit. its charging now.

@Tara D. Thanks! It was mostly cosmetic. No damage which affects performance or safety of the bike. The battery did fly off the bike today and get scratched all up. See my "battery case" thread for the whole story...

Don't forget to post some photos and stories of your adventures as you get going with the bikes! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's set up!

Yep, mine is coming to Alabama. I'm not very optimistic given how people have talked about how the box has arrived. I don't really understand what is so difficult about shipping something, even cross country, by ground. I realize you can't control how rough the people who handle the package are, but if it is packaged correctly, it really shouldn't matter.

sakau2007

Have your received your bike yet? If so, what condition was it in?

Mine just arrived here in ATL. It looks good from just opening the box and having a quick look-see. There was a loose bolt on the ground outside where the box had been sitting, so hopefully that's the only one and I'm not missing hardware.

Mine was an end of May shipment and had a loose spring and nut in the bottom of the box for the quick release. Plus a lot of damage to the box and bike. Good luck with yours!

Yea, the loose bolt isn't from the quick release. It's a 45mm M4 hex bolt. I don't have any mounting hardware for the light, but that bolt is overkill for the light. I'm using another light so I wasn't planning on using the stock light anyway, so no big deal. I do have an email in to Radrover to see if they can tell me where the bolt may go or if it's just extraneous.

The bike went together well, and I don't see any dings or scratches. My box was only handled 5 times even though it came across the country. I have the battery charging-I'll give a ride report when it's done.

Just did my first ride around the neighborhood. Everything seems to work as advertised, lots of fun. I can see I'll have to change the grips. They're nice, but won't cut it for a sweaty Southeast summer.

All in all, I'm pretty thrilled!

Hello all...Received mine a few days ago, unfortunately I was out of town for the week. Finally got back last night and got it assembled. Some minor scratches on one of the wheels, but overall mostly good condition from the shipping. Assembly was fairly straight forward and easy, did have to readjust the front brake after I accidentally let the bike fall on the front fork. Added Mr. Tuffys, higher power headlight, tail light and nori lights (just for fun) Gave it a bit of a test drive last night and put on 15 miles of suburban neighborhood riding today. Couldn't be happier. Just under 1/2 battery left after the ride...mostly in PAS 2 (gave me about 14.5mph most of the time), but lots of throttle only/speed runs/etc. Without all the playing around should be able to easily get to 35+ miles in PAS 2 and more in 1.Next upgrade will be a rear rack. Might go with the factory one when they are back in stock, but am going to check the bike shop to see if they have anything that will work.

Couldn't be happier with the bike.

Back