Eahora X7-Plus 750w

Erik Z

So I bought one a couple weeks ago, and it arrived last Thursday. I put it together and test-rode it for a couple miles, and then brought it to a bike shop for a safety inspection and adjustments.

Two problems: First thing I noticed is that my wife's DJ step-thru ebike with 750w Bafang hub motor SMOKES this Eahora, and I'm baffled because the Eahora X7-Plus's hub motor is rated at 780w and goes up to 1092 watts.

Secondly, the Eahora has 3 settings to the pas mode... 1, 2, and 3. When I stop using the throttle, and just use the pedal assist, there is NO difference in power between 1, 2, or 3. I wrote Eahora customer service about the problem, and they said to take a video of the problem. Lol ok. Anybody have any ideas? Here's a pic of the model # of the hub and the bike. The bike shop didn't see anything wrong with it. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200626_082620.jpg
    20200626_082620.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 471
  • 20200625_183630.jpg
    20200625_183630.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 1,049
Did you ever resolve this question?...

I am researching to purchase the Eahora X7 Plus like yours, and wondered if you ever resolved this question.

Thank you in advance

Sharing my experience. I would stay far away from Eahora. I bought the X7 plus (on Amazon). Minor build required, which was great. Then the problems. Couldn’t get it to turn on. Tried a bunch of different things (pushing remote buttons, etc.). Contacted Eahora, they were responsive, and followed all of their directions. Still wouldn’t power on. Ended up calling a couple of retailers listed on their site (assumed I did something stupid). We checked wires and tried to power on a couple of different ways. Still didn’t work. Contacted Eahora again to let them know that nothing worked and their recommendation was to remove the anti-theft module. That requires me to pull apart the battery and re-wire the bike. Not doing that. It has warranty void written all over it. Finally decided to ask for a refund (bought it on Amazon and had 30 days). The response from Eahora to the return request was that it wasn’t allowed as the purchase included hazardous material (interesting that you can ship it, but taking it back is too dangerous).

I am now working with Amazon to get a replacement or a refund. Called my credit card company to dispute the charges. Asking the user to re-wire a bike to get it to work is not a solution. You buy anything else, charge it and it works. I expect the same of an e-bike. I haven’t received a refund, but wanted to share my experience with anyone considering buying an Eahora. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

Back