E3 Peak DS good for a first ebike??

mattl

I'm considering getting a 2016 e3 peak, I'd be using it as a commuter bike during the week, hopefully 2-3 times per week on pavement, with occasional mountain biking (when i can get out on the weekends). The price is great for full suspension and 28 mph, but I'm nervous because they're discontinuing their currie motor and going with a bosch system for the 2017 models. is their something inferior with their current motor that they're discontinuing it? or is this just to streamline along with their other brands? The other bike I'm considering is a haibike xduro, but that's about $1700 more.

I'm considering getting a 2016 e3 peak, I'd be using it as a commuter bike during the week, hopefully 2-3 times per week on pavement, with occasional mountain biking (when i can get out on the weekends). The price is great for full suspension and 28 mph, but I'm nervous because they're discontinuing their currie motor and going with a bosch system for the 2017 models. is their something inferior with their current motor that they're discontinuing it? or is this just to streamline along with their other brands? The other bike I'm considering is a haibike xduro, but that's about $1700 more.

My understanding is that Bosch is better made, more expensive than Currie's motor. But I have had no problems with my Izips. I had 2,000 miles on my 2014 and now I have 1000 on my 2015 and there have been no motor issues yet.

My understanding is that Bosch is better made, more expensive than Currie's motor. But I have had no problems with my Izips. I had 2,000 miles on my 2014 and now I have 1000 on my 2015 and there have been no motor issues yet.
Great thats good to know. I haven't heard about many issues with them, but I wanted to be safe.

Great thats good to know. I haven't heard about many issues with them, but I wanted to be safe.
FYI, My IZIPs are the Dash. But I do not believe there is a significant difference in the design except I have rear drive. I test drove the mid-drive and did not find enough difference for me to get one. As I said, I have had no problems with my bikes, but I am using rear-drives still. But I bought my wife a Vibe with mid-drive and so obviously I have little concern.

My husband I just purchased two new iZip Peak DS bikes as our first ebikes. There are some great deals now as stores clear out the 2016 models. We're thrilled with them. The shifting takes a bit of getting used to, but I think they're a fantastic value for full-suspension ebikes, and the throttle is fun!

My husband I just purchased two new iZip Peak DS bikes as our first ebikes. There are some great deals now as stores clear out the 2016 models. We're thrilled with them. The shifting takes a bit of getting used to, but I think they're a fantastic value for full-suspension ebikes, and the throttle is fun!
Great thanks for the info!

I just ordered one up too for black Friday. It's my first e bike too. How do you guys like them? With the low temps coming in, I'm not sure if I will be able to ride it till next year...can't wait! Does the throttle really help much? Doesn't it cut out at 6mph?

I just ordered one up too for black Friday. It's my first e bike too. How do you guys like them? With the low temps coming in, I'm not sure if I will be able to ride it till next year...can't wait! Does the throttle really help much? Doesn't it cut out at 6mph?

The IZIP E3 Peak DS allow you to go 28mph on pedal assist, 20mph on throttle.

Back