e-bike noob

Added as eeSilk+ seat post.

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpeg
    IMG_3061.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 78
Interesting choice for a backdrop. Don't let the ebike get you there faster! :D

The sickness continues. 🤪 Swapped the stem again. This time for a Redshift suspension stem. 30deg, 80mm. The suspension is awesome. Just went for a 10 mile ride and the jaring to the wrists and shoulders is tamed nicely with no real noticeable movement of the stem. I’ve changed my ergonomics so much in the past few weeks, the jury is still out on the reach but the height seems just about perfect.
IMG_3352.jpeg

Hey all,

I just purchased my first e-bike after MANY years of biking retirement. :)

I've got a Trek Allant+ 8S. Only a couple of days riding it but so far I love it. I feel like Superman riding this thing. Hills that I couldn't do when I was in my 40's I can now climb with ease. So far I've only transferred my seat and pedals from my old Gary Fisher MTB to the Trek. Got to start accessorizing.
A similar retirement story with 3 years of traditional bike riding for exercise.

Pulled the trigger on a Denago City Model 1. Waiting on fenders to arrive and be installed.

I went with a step through because if the Lord gives me more years, I’ll eventually struggle to hike the right leg over the seat!😳

A similar retirement story with 3 years of traditional bike riding for exercise.

Pulled the trigger on a Denago City Model 1. Waiting on fenders to arrive and be installed.

I went with a step through because if the Lord gives me more years, I’ll eventually struggle to hike the right leg over the seat!😳
Already struggling with the leg swing over. Tilt bike and then swing. :)

Too cold and rainy to ride this week, so it's more upgrades. 🤓 The stock Bontrager E6 Hard-Case Lite tires are great on dry pavement and treacherous on anything else. After weeks of research and reading reviews, I opted to change them out for Schwalbe Super Moto X's. I'm hoping they are almost as good on dry pavement and much better grip on sand, gravel, grass, etc as I often have to traverse small patches of those surfaces on my rides. We shall see.

IMG_5576.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

I have those exact tires. They are awesome. I have over 1000 miles on them and the tread is is good shape. I ride mostly paved roads and occasionally wet roads. There is one section, about 200’, that I ride on that is dirt. I did get a few flats, but I unknowingly rode over metal shards. I didn’t know where they were until I got a third flat in the same area. Tannis Armor and no more flats. Also a street sweeper cleaned that portion of road.

Back