Dutch Police not messing about.

Chargeride

Screenshot_20240214-173723-350.png

Dutch police dispatcher: Armed burglary in progress near you-respond immediately
Dutch police officer doing ebike testing: Can't attend right now, as I have an ebike on my testing machine and I think the owner has 50 Watts more than he should have.
Dutch police dispatcher: but there's been reported 'shots fired'
Dutch police officer doing ebike testing: shots fired nothing.....this guy has derestricted his ebike! I'm putting the cuffs on this guy as we speak.

Dutch police dispatcher: Armed burglary in progress near you-respond immediately
Dutch police officer doing ebike testing: Can't attend right now, as I have an ebike on my testing machine and I think the owner has 50 Watts more than he should have.
Dutch police officer doing ebike testing: shots fired nothing.....this guy has derestricted his ebike! I'm putting the cuffs on this guy as we speak.
I guarantee you that any estimate you'd make of any armed crimes in, say, Amsterdam would be wildly higher than the actual figures.

The dutch community decided last century to take cycling safety seriously, and now have one of the worlds best safety records for both cycling and vehicle accidents.

We should take notice of what they do and respect it, and perhaps you could do a little bit of self reflection on your own countries statistics, and, say , gun related violence?

Apparently the government there has solved all the other problems in the country and can now move onto trivial s*ititsn ot trivial anymore then having cars speeding in the us is trivial.
its not trivial anymore then having cars speeding in the us is trivial. they have infrastructure designed for bikes you et training as a kid and a license. riding fast would cause issues for others. inc its flat how much power do you need to go the speed limit? in America its f*ck others I got mine who cares if it hurts you.

I suggest the good old VW official automatic method ..

Am I on a police rolling road?
Switch to low power. 😂

Seriously though, my bike is overpowered, the rare times I'm on the road I ride with conditions and public safety, my bike is no faster than a good road cyclist, but still, it is illegal and never should be legalised in a normal cycle context.

The dutch community decided last century to take cycling safety seriously, and now have one of the worlds best safety records for both cycling and vehicle accidents.

We should take notice of what they do and respect it, and perhaps you could do a little bit of self reflection on your own countries statistics, and, say , gun related violence?
Perhaps you can get off your moral high horse and realize, if possible, that what I posted was meant to be humours.
Just by chance, is your first name Karen?

Except, armed burglaries and "shots fired" incidents are extremely rare occurrences in the Netherlands... Maybe they're on to something we're missing 😉?

Perhaps you can get off your moral high horse and realize, if possible, that what I posted was meant to be humours.

i assumed that it was MEANT to be humorous, but coming from someone in a country with 23 times as much gun crime as the Netherlands, it really isn’t funny. especially considering that 9 children were shot today at a Super Bowl parade.

and guns aside, given the very low crime rates of all types of the Netherlands, perhaps there is something to the whole “make rules and follow/enforce them thing?”

The rest of the world sees your post in a very different light to how you think it appears.

But I'll happily be described as being on a moral high horse - that implies I'm considering the morality, and to be completely clear , thankyou.

As for the Karen reference, this may be a cultural difference but in this part of the world Karen complains it's unfair when the generally accepted social rules are applied to her ? Take a selfie , mate.

It is an interesting fact related to the Netherlands, and their now defunct company Van Moof. The guy that started the company was all for making high power and high speed e-bikes, and was vocal about "how evil the EU was regarding the power and speed restrictions". He had to conform to the rules after the police in several West Europe countries started confiscating illegal Van Moofs.

For those for you outside the EU, please be aware there is no concept of "riding an e-bike on your own property" here. The e-bike is precisely defined by the law as a vehicle type, and equated with pedal bicycles.

There is no Van Moof anymore.

Also, to be somewhat fair, the United States isn't exactly the dystopian hellscape it is portrayed and widely perceived to be. I personally have never witnessed a firefight in a Wal-Mart. It is true, however, that the overall quality of life here has gone into precipitous decline these last ten years without most of us even realizing it. Or even noticing.

We'd all do well to realize that different countries are different and that we might learn something from them.

I do t know how we got here, but stats always interest me because they completely ignore the human condition.

People are not inanimate street furniture, we react to fear and perception.
If there were men in the streets with assault rifles shooting bystanders, gun deaths would quickly reduce to zero , everyone would stay indoors.Gun violence exists in that ever movable point of apparent safety and unexpected danger.

What I'm trying to say America is don't ever sell guns to bears, I'll never visit again.

i assumed that it was MEANT to be humorous, but coming from someone in a country with 23 times as much gun crime as the Netherlands, it really isn’t funny. especially considering that 9 children were shot today at a Super Bowl parade.

and guns aside, given the very low crime rates of all types of the Netherlands, perhaps there is something to the whole “make rules and follow/enforce them thing?”
I live in Canada, not the US.
The joke had nothing to do with people getting shot and if you can't see that you're a Lefty idiot.

The rest of the world sees your post in a very different light to how you think it appears.

But I'll happily be described as being on a moral high horse - that implies I'm considering the morality, and to be completely clear , thankyou.

As for the Karen reference, this may be a cultural difference but in this part of the world Karen complains it's unfair when the generally accepted social rules are applied to her ? Take a selfie , mate.
You're no mate of mine, Karen.

Back