Dolphin issue

Kathy Smith

Hi,

My dad just got the Dolphin and the box came damaged exactly where the derailleur is. One of the screws was bent and his gears don't switch properly. He can't go from 6th to 7th gear and from 2nd to 1st. I contacted Qualisports and they want me to make a video of the issue. I'm not sure how I can make a video of that. What would you do? Try to get a new screw and go to a bike shop and ask them to "fix" the gears? Ask qualisports to pay for that? Not sure what else to do.

Thanks

exactly which screw is bent?

It's very hard to know the situation because you said one of the screws is bent, but which one? :confused: there are so many screws.
The one on the right
fe66901788577b5c3c6ab91ef89b9ae5065f2664-1.jpeg

d663809b3240d9d3d39020204df0b5fcbfb71981-1.jpeg

Yes, I did sent them these pictures and they still asked for video. I told them that I couldn't take a video

Taking a video is easy, just grab your phone and take a video.

I just don't know why they need a video of bent screw when picture is clearly good enough to let them know the problem.
they wanted to see a video of gears not switching

they wanted to see a video of gears not switching
Mine arrived bent including the soft alloy rear derailleur hanger. I realigned the alloy hanger myself, and just bot a new rear derailleur. Qualisports was good about compensation for the damaged stuff. Good customer service is cheaper than bad feedback, esp on components that only cost $20.

They told me to go to a local bike shop to have it fixed and they will cover the cost. They did ask for more photos so they can send it to FEDEX to claim the insurance money.

Learning how to adjust the limit screws is simple bicycle maintenance. $1 screw and 5 minutes in a work stand. Maybe 15 minutes if the hanger is slightly bent. But if both limits need adjustment, the hanger is likely not bent.

Learning how to adjust the limit screws is simple bicycle maintenance. $1 screw and 5 minutes in a work stand. Maybe 15 minutes if the hanger is slightly bent. But if both limits need adjustment, the hanger is likely not bent.
Yeah, thanks. It's not my bike and the person expects to have it perfect if he just bought it. If it was me I would have fixed it on my own and moved on by now.

They always want a video. So take a few seconds, and maybe use your finger to point out the bent screw. They should just send you a new derailleur but you would likely have to pay a shop to install it. All warranties are parts only, unless you bought through a local dealer that is willing to cover the labor cost.
I just sent them the video

Just an update on this. After taking the bike to a bike shop (Qualisports agreed to cover the cost), it turned out that he derailleur and the derailleur hanger were both bent. The bike shop said that I needed to get the parts from the bike manufacturer as they are short on parts and wouldn't know what would fit in the bike. Emailed Qualisports and had a new hanger and derailleur in 4 days. Replacement cost $36, which Qualisports reimbursed me for. I'm very impressed with their customer service!

Just an update on this. After taking the bike to a bike shop (Qualisports agreed to cover the cost), it turned out that he derailleur and the derailleur hanger were both bent. The bike shop said that I needed to get the parts from the bike manufacturer as they are short on parts and wouldn't know what would fit in the bike. Emailed Qualisports and had a new hanger and derailleur in 4 days. Replacement cost $36, which Qualisports reimbursed me for. I'm very impressed with their customer service!

I'm glad to hear they are still making an effort to get things right and satisfy customers. In today's socially-connected world, chalking up this micro margin erosion - is often way cheaper than getting bad indelible feedback, while also amplifying consumer faith and post-purchase satisfaction. It is a commercial no-brainer that some companies still don't properly understand.

Back