Do you use more than one battery on your rides?

I have 2 batteries. Or more precisely my son and I have 3 batteries. When biking alone I get 75km from one battery if being conservative with my riding and then the 2nd battery gets used to go for another 75km (but realistically I think 120km/day is my max). My son and I will on long trips (he has a smaller battery) and we share the spare battery, I run it 1/2 down and then switch to my normal battery, he uses the 2nd half of the spare battery when he needs it. I also like the spare with me so I can ride with less concern for range and enjoy the ride more even though I haven't had to use it on those kind of rides yet it's great peace of mind.

I am considering another battery in fact (so my son and I would each have a spare). There's a new 25ah battery coming out with 21700's in it using the Re-ention Dorado cases, I am wishing to get one and make that my main battery and honestly I'd rarely need to swap batteries and could maybe sell one of the smaller batteries. For my routes, weight and ride style I'd get at least 120km from it.

Note for me a heavy rider (250lbs+) on a hub drive 500w bike and I live by the ocean in a hilly/windy/chilly area:
Pas 3 with a 48v / 16ah battery gets me to around 22km/hr and I can go ~85km on a battery max
Pas 4 with a 48v / 16ah battery gets me to around 26km/hr and I can go ~75km on a battery max
I never use Pas 5/6 on my bike for any distance, no idea how far I can go on Pas 6 yet but speed is around 32-34km/hr

Last edited:
Back