Do any radmission owners have battery caps?

Frostybikes

Region
USA
I have a radmission and was thinking about buying some battery caps on etsy to protect the plugs on the battery and the bike when they're exposed.

Do any of you guys have something like that? Or do you just take the battery off and leave it like that?

Just wondering if they are really necessary and how much of a risk there is if dust or something gets in the connectors.

I got the caps, they are very useful to protect the bike plugs in some scenarios like when transporting the bike on your car, if the bike won't be used for a while, or when parking the bike outside and bring the battery indoors., etc
However I don't use it daily since it is a minor inconvenience to put and remove frequently.
The fit is tight enough to resist strong winds when hitch-mounted on a car.
Alternatively, you can put just tape on the plugs.
I don't have the Etsy one, the most critical part is that the should fit tight.
It is beyond comprehension why most eBikes come without this little but useful piece of plastic.🤯🤬

I use the etsy ones on my Runner daily. I take my battery in to charge it and the bike sits out in the elements. Its sat thru torrential downpours, whipping wind and even light snow. The cap has kept the plug end on the bike spotless clean and perfectly dry.

I have a radmission and was thinking about buying some battery caps on etsy to protect the plugs on the battery and the bike when they're exposed.

Do any of you guys have something like that? Or do you just take the battery off and leave it like that?

Just wondering if they are really necessary and how much of a risk there is if dust or something gets in the connectors.
Duck tape, cheap, disposable, handy. It´ś a good idea to occasionally use a toothpick to carefully insert
a bit of electrical connection grease into to female prong receivers. It protects against corrosion &
strengthens the connection. Not sure if the Mission has the same sort of connection as mine.

Frosty, while I´m here, How do you like your mission, bin looking for feedback. I´ve considered one
just for ease of maintenance, Big as I am, I could get by with a bit smaller chainring. The 12g spokes
are a good idea. It looks possible to even mount a front derailleur & get 2 or 3 options,but for me a
42T might cover all bases. I don´t generally ride very fast anyway, but I can easily do a 90 cadence
when needed. So, how does yur Mission climb?🤔

Frosty, while I´m here, How do you like your mission, bin looking for feedback. I´ve considered one
just for ease of maintenance, Big as I am, I could get by with a bit smaller chainring. The 12g spokes
are a good idea. It looks possible to even mount a front derailleur & get 2 or 3 options,but for me a
42T might cover all bases. I don´t generally ride very fast anyway, but I can easily do a 90 cadence
when needed. So, how does yur Mission climb?🤔
I've really enjoyed it so far. It is my first ebike though.

The only negative i've really had for it is the lack of gears, which I don't even mind that much since I can always just use a higher level of pedal assist. The seat is also really hard so i swapped it out for a better one.

It seems to climb medium sized hills pretty well for the most part. There is a really steep hill by my house (not sure the exact grade though) that I can barely even walk up without getting tired, but it managed to climb it with full power and me pedalling a lot. The motor definitely didn't like that though so i'm probably going to avoid that from now on.

I'd say the radmission is good for some smaller/medium sized hills and mostly flat roads, so nothing too major sadly, but its great for what it seems to be made for.

Overall, i'm really enjoying it so far and have been riding it for over an hour every day. It only loses about one bar of battery after an hour on pedal assist 2 and some pedal assist 3, so i charge it every couple days when i'm at half charge.

I've really enjoyed it so far. It is my first ebike though.

The only negative i've really had for it is the lack of gears, which I don't even mind that much since I can always just use a higher level of pedal assist. The seat is also really hard so i swapped it out for a better one.

It seems to climb medium sized hills pretty well for the most part. There is a really steep hill by my house (not sure the exact grade though) that I can barely even walk up without getting tired, but it managed to climb it with full power and me pedalling a lot. The motor definitely didn't like that though so i'm probably going to avoid that from now on.

I'd say the radmission is good for some smaller/medium sized hills and mostly flat roads, so nothing too major sadly, but its great for what it seems to be made for.

Overall, i'm really enjoying it so far and have been riding it for over an hour every day. It only loses about one bar of battery after an hour on pedal assist 2 and some pedal assist 3, so i charge it every couple days when i'm at half charge.
Thx, sounds like it would climb things around here well with a 42T chainring. Might make for a 2nd bike,
another one to tinker with.

I created a battery cap for 3d printing which anyone can download and print for free. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4062261

I posted these in December of 2019, well before they showed up on etsy lest anyone should think I copied them.

Back