DJI Neo

Chargeride

Just out, has anyone bought one?
Its a response to the Hover Air Drone, but quite a bit cheaper, in fact only 170 quid for the drone only, but it flies by itself with preset one button follow and various cinematic tracks.

It can also connect to all the other dji controllers or just your phone.

Image quality isnt amazing, it uses digital stabilisation only, so its cut down from the 4K sensor.

Anyway ordered one, I'll show you how it goes.

Last edited:
I have always kind of wanted a drone but never could justify the cost for as much as I thought I might use it. I am barely active on social media and have never been that impressed with most of the drone footage that I've seen from friends that have brought them along as well as the hoops they have had to jump through while on a ride to get the thing out and get it flying and then retrieving it if it failed. From looking at the footage of this model however it seems to be decent quality without making the subject look small if that makes sense? Speedwise it certainly doesn't look that impressive but for the money you don't get that type of sensitivity like the ones you see now that they use for cycling events. It seems like it does do well enough in follow mode in the type of cover that I have in my area so that is a plus.

I do like how small it is and integrated so that you don't have to always have the phone out and the voice command feature could be nice if used with a mic? I'll be looking forward to what you can make of it on here.

Thats pretty well my situation, I make ride videos, but its just a hobby and I go out to ride, not faff with equipment, this isnt quite as portable as the X1Hover, but it less than half the price and hopefully software updates will improve it a lot.

Reactions: JRA
DCRainmaker ...

Thanks! Thorough review, learned a lot about the following drones I keep seeing in use on EBR. Love how he talks to it like it's his dog.

These following drones look kinda fun, but I already spend too much time futzing with gear. Also guessing that drone restrictions here in coastal SoCal would be pretty limiting.

Of course, if the black helicopters that keep following me would just share their footage, I wouldn't need a drone.
;^}

Ive got it, pretty noisy, but I'm inside.

The biggest issue is you have to register it using the dji fly app, 520mb, but its not on any of the google or apple stores because its pretty well banned from them.
So you have to download it off dji and allow non store apps.
Needed to free up 5gb of space, booted it up, its probably nicked a shed load of personal data, activated the drone, then deleted it.
You get a weird 9 months before you need to connect to the app again.
Its cheap, they want your data.
This is the modern world.

Iz
Ive got it, pretty noisy, but I'm inside.

The biggest issue is you have to register it using the dji fly app, 520mb, but its not on any of the google or apple stores because its pretty well banned from them.
So you have to download it off dji and allow non store apps.
Needed to free up 5gb of space, booted it up, its probably nicked a shed load of personal data, activated the drone, then deleted it.
You get a weird 9 months before you need to connect to the app again.
Its cheap, they want your data.
This is the modern world.
Ah, yes, I had forgotten about the DJI issues ... starting to make the HoverAir X1 a marginally better option.

That's a deal breaker for me, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to live vicariously through Chargerides upcoming epics.

You could alwsys use a cheap spare phone with nothing on it to steal, but lets face it, your stuff is being stolen, read and analysed 24/7, does it matter.
Do I trust china any less than my own government, or google or the 50 thousand partners of websites I visit.

Thanks! Thorough review, learned a lot about the following drones I keep seeing in use on EBR. Love how he talks to it like it's his dog.

These following drones look kinda fun, but I already spend too much time futzing with gear. Also guessing that drone restrictions here in coastal SoCal would be pretty limiting.

Of course, if the black helicopters that keep following me would just share their footage, I wouldn't need a drone.
;^}
OK fine... I'll call them off... for now...

Back