Display and Battery compatibility

Andy1865

Region
United Kingdom
City
Skipton
Hi all, does anybody know if the S900 lcd display will work correctly with a 52v battery?. The motor is a Bafang 1000w geared hub.
Thanks.
Andy.

Google is your friend. I searched your question and got this EBR post.

Google is your friend. I searched your question and got this EBR post.
Thank you for that Tomjasz

Only says 36v or 48v, but the controller is rated 48v, so it could work???

I want to say yes, but I found this.

That’s not a rare error code. Sadly that may be a controller issue AND a display issue.

Bafang shipped a bunch of controllers that posted error code 07 or over voltage. AND the early displays wouldn’t show accurate battery levels.

I’ve personally run large 52V triangles in 52v and 48v. A BBSHD was really quick with both voltages. 52v was slightly faster @ 33MPH. 48V 31MPH. But with two different cells. The 48v used cells not best suited for a BBSHD. There’s a difference of about 300mah per cell in the 48V.

Oh, and that goofy post from Luna’s forum.. 36V to 52V. Makes no sense without knowing what motor that was tried on. Some controllers need a firmware change or to be programmed for the rated voltages.
My favorites are from Grin and they re easily programmed in OS X, Linux or windoze.

I want to say yes, but I found this.

My controller is rated 48v, but my battery is 52v. I current have a C961 display attached, but i do like the S900 as its more informative.

I have the error code 07 in my advance setting. What does that mean. I am disappointed in the pedal assist, even at level 5. I don't see anything in the setting that could bump it up. I did that on my Magnum and it is a 'beast'. But, that is what cadence drive seems to do. howard

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 117
Back