Disc Brake rubbing?

Mtl_Biker

With my bike up on a stand over the weekend, I noticed that if I spin my front wheel it stops spinning rather quickly (unlike the back which spins perfectly). I found that the disc brake pad is rubbing against the rotor, producing friction.

Is there a way to adjust this so that the pad doesn't rub?

Thanks!

i-kRf7MLK-X4.jpg

I have not had your problem, but am installing new pads tomorrow. I get 500 miles a set on a Turbo Levo. There is no flat where I live, its either up or down.

I did the above what ruffruff said, but alone did NOT fix my rubbing, I had to buy an item similar to fooferdoggie, and THEN use ruffruff's method. That worked. Once in a while, I'll hear a random slight rubbing, but that may be due to dirt on rotor, temp changes, etc.

I did the above what ruffruff said, but alone did NOT fix my rubbing, I had to buy an item similar to fooferdoggie, and THEN use ruffruff's method. That worked. Once in a while, I'll hear a random slight rubbing, but that may be due to dirt on rotor, temp changes, etc.
Another thing/step to try is to try the procedure on different parts of the rotor. Since the rotor is never truly true, the centering procedure will be relative to that part of the rotor.

I use a sharpie and put marks on the rotor (not on the braking surface), usually in 4 positions and then do this procedure until I get the least or no rubbing.

linklemming-That is an incredible idea! You are correct, it may work better depending on which quarter of the disc you start it on. Good tip!

I lay a long LED flashlight on the ground underneath the brake caliper, then peering down with one eye from above. That lets me center the calipers so that there is light on both sides of the rotor, and to be sure it remains that way after tightening the bolts. Quick, easy, and guaranteed not to rub if your rotor isn't warped.

Back