Disabling speed restriction

How to disable peddle assist speed limiter ... for the ST2.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, that is correct and it has some circuitry cut off of electric motor assist at 28 mph

Ah, so you want it to assist faster. Most here wanting to derestrict to GET to 28mph! I could peddle my ST1 at 31mph pretty comfortably. That's absolutely flying on a bicycle and made me nervous.
How fast do you want to go?
There are plenty of dongles to take the 20mph bikes to 28, don't know if there are ones to go faster. Or if the motor can support faster speeds than that. Have they gone to 48v yet?

Oh I suppose 35 or 40 would be quite nice for awhile. At this time I suspect much more may be troublesome somewhat.

Ahh could or would you explain how one has been able to override the "governor" to get to 28? Likely a similar process would achieve what I would like to have.

Ahh could or would you explain how one has been able to override the "governor" to get to 28? Likely a similar process would achieve what I would like to have.
My guess is that one of the wires from the motor to the controller is the culprit. I have not yet pulled the controller nor motor apart to track the circuitry since this forum may be able to save me time and trouble coming to understand its workings.

What is your warranty worth to you? The minute you mess with the workings, you'll void it. I guess if you're out of warranty anyway, then no biggie on that front.

These bikes arent really designed for those speeds...I recommend getting a moped.

What is your warranty worth to you? The minute you mess with the workings, you'll void it. I guess if you're out of warranty anyway, then no biggie on that front.

These bikes arent really designed for those speeds...I recommend getting a moped.

I appreciate your earnest efforts to encourage me to be more afraid or cautious but what I am actually looking for is the how to part.

I am way deep into the age of being beyond parental imposition of cognitive or conceptual constructs. Thank you for concerns though.

Sorry..guess I should check the age of each member before responding..because of course when you are over 65 years of age it is the natural order of things to:

- throw caution to the wind,
-live like you might not see tomorrow
-put the second foot in the grave since one is there already

-go sky diving
-go rocky mountain climbing
-go 2.7 seconds on a...

Oops broke into song for a second...

Where was I, ummm

Yeah...sure 40mph prolly won't kill ya, but that road rash won't feel none too good when the_______ breaks.

Good luck in all of your endeavors, may you live long and prosper. Please be sure to scrub the bugs from your dentures after your rides ;) (because, after all, you won't be able to wipe that silly grin off your face on your souped-up e-bike!).

Instructions:
Because print is difficult to infuse with tonality, this post is intended to reflect a bit of motherly concern, good natured ribbing, and a little musical # thrown in. (And perhaps a touch of sarcasm a'la roast).

Sorry..guess I should check the age of each member before responding..because of course when you are over 65 years of age it is the natural order of things to:

- throw caution to the wind,
-live like you might not see tomorrow
-put the second foot in the grave since one is there already

-go sky diving
-go rocky mountain climbing
-go 2.7 seconds on a...

Oops broke into song for a second...

Where was I, ummm

Yeah...sure 40mph prolly won't kill ya, but that road rash won't feel none too good when the_______ breaks.

Good luck in all of your endeavors, may you live long and prosper. Please be sure to scrub the bugs from your dentures after your rides ;) (because, after all, you won't be able to wipe that silly grin off your face on your souped-up e-bike!).

Instructions:
Because print is difficult to infuse with tonality, this post is intended to reflect a bit of motherly concern, good natured ribbing, and a little musical # thrown in. (And perhaps a touch of sarcasm a'la roast).

Thank you for my lovely Sunday morning read!

Big bug cluttered smile saying "Bless your soul Neighbor and may you dodge all the potholes in your life's roadway".
In my feeble attempt to enrich this language it is meant to be loaded with warm & fuzzy egalitarian inclusiveness.

Being just another grey-head with a lifetime spent dancing on the "Razor's Edge" I am much more conservative in my use of risk analysis these days but I do prefer having capacities available when conditions become available for my entertaiment.

Truly I thank you for this exchange even though it has not advanced my how to knowledge yet for it does serve the "Social Contract" by illuminating the risks present for those who may read this forum and not have donated any skin to road surfaces yet. The dangers you point out do exist and yes, even for singlehand sailors with one foot in the grave already (this last accompanied by rich laughter).

How much I have learned today... mopeds (at least in my State) are not allowed over 30mph. I was completely wrong. Sorry about that.

And, I still have no idea how to get your bike to go faster...did you ever find out?

How much I have learned today... mopeds (at least in my State) are not allowed over 30mph. I was completely wrong. Sorry about that.

And, I still have no idea how to get your bike to go faster...did you ever find out?

NO, Just received an over measured helping of "I know better & more than you, nya, nya, nyyaaa" from some "father knows best" or some "wannabe wasp preacher type" (I assume)...but without the requisite verse numbers!

Please add a healthy glob of emotional intonation that comes off feeling like good natured quid pro quo ribbing from a slightly sardonic smile ... thank you.

Guess no one who knows anything about this subject has read it yet.

Last edited:
The prospects of your plan, I find interesting. I've never come accross anyone trying to jailbreak a ST2. Or any Stromer for that matter. The integrated electronics of this particular bike make it difficult, add that Stromer is a very small, private company limit it further. Given the relitively low number of bikes sold, how many people have even tried?

As for the issue of unsolicited advice, I generally get along better when I don't answer questions that have yet to be asked. I'm not claiming to have never done it. I just try not to.

All the best, Charles. I'll be interested to know if you succeed.

Where is McGyver when you need him? A bit of bubble gum, duct tape, and some tin snips, and you'll be aholdin' onto that silvery toupee with one hand, and giving me the bird with the other. You'll steer with... good balance ;) .

There isn't any simple "snip this wire" kind of thing. Dongles to derestrict from 20 to 28 are eletronic devices that you open up the motor and splice in. What you want wound be the same, if they are out there.

There isn't any simple "snip this wire" kind of thing. Dongles to derestrict from 20 to 28 are eletronic devices that you open up the motor and splice in. What you want wound be the same, if they are out there.

Ah ha, and now to find a supplier for such...any leads?

Back