Disabling PAS on the fly.

vitabrick

Region
Australia
The ebike I've built didn't have the computerised adjustable level Pas controller/speedo/& etc thing come with the motor. I bought one, but this proved to be incompatible. So, I'd like to regain as much control as possible using a low tech approach. Currently I can either use the throttle control, otherwise it's PAS at full throttle (1500W supposedly). I have run the wires limiting output to 250W to a switch. I would also like to be able to quickly disable or enable the PAS. I notice that there are three wires connecting the sensor to the controller. I'm assuming that all three need to be continuous for the thing to function. so, my questions are: Can I send one of these to a switch for this purpose? Can it be any of them? Are there any significant risks of damaging componentry?

The most common PAS sensors use three wires: +5V power, a digital signal, and Ground. Best way to disable it, in my opinion, is to switch off the +5V power.

If you ever want to do the same for the throttle, it's +4.5V, signal, and ground. Switching off ground will cause many controllers to give full throttle, Yikes, So switch off power or signal.

Back