Disable throttle and brakes KT Controller

I don't use the throttle (disconnected) or the brake cutoffs (disconnected) on my BBS02. The brake cutoffs makes it very difficult to ride in refrozen snow especially when climbing. I need the motor engaged all the time to keep the momentum going while feathering the brake to maintain my balance to keep from falling. Having the motor cut off and on causes me to lose my balance making the climb not possible.
This happened to us just recently before I switched my Bafang components over to this KT stuff. We thought our ride was just going to be a gravel rides day but it lead to a nice mountain bike trail that was really flowy and fast except the muddy sections and slick creek rocks. I’ve always feathered my brakes from mountain biking days, it’s just a habit. I’m constantly turning my motor off. Needless to say I went down several times in the muddy runs. Although fun, I’m getting to old to fall to much.😉 it was great fun riding till we was informed by the federal rangers e-bikes aren’t allowed on MTB trails. We didn’t even know it was federal. Lol. Gotta love TN sometimes.

I’m going to try out some different parameter setting’s tomorrow. Try to get level 1 to a good gravel riding speed. I will say one thing that I don’t like about my new controller is that is definitely louder now than with the Bafang one. It won’t bother me, it’s just noticeable now.

I’m going to try out some different parameter setting’s tomorrow. Try to get level 1 to a good gravel riding speed. I will say one thing that I don’t like about my new controller is that is definitely louder now than with the Bafang one. It won’t bother me, it’s just noticeable now.
You probably ended up with a square wave controller rather than the sine wave, which is silent. KT makes/supplies both ways. My 1000w MAC motor is using a sine wave, and it's dead silent. I've got a couple of 500w bikes that are using square wave, and though I can hear them running, it's not something I would consider that you're going to hear unless you're on the bike.

Update! Just wanted to update everyone on how this worked out. I ended up doing what @AHicks mentioned on adjustments to C5 and C14. I tried just doing C14 but couldn’t get to my liking. I think I did level 8 on C5 and level 2 on C14. It’s gets me long distance with battery left over on a 50 mile ride with lots of hills. Speaking of hills, this controller set is awesome, it literally flies up hills. FINALLY!!! It’s been a struggle around here not getting up these hills. Here’s some of my recent rides on Ride GPS. Thanks to everyone for the advice and help!

Back