Difference between 19.2 and 21AH batteries

Juiced says their 52V 19.2AH battery uses 84 cells, arranged in 14S-7P, which is 14 series groups with 7 cells in parallel within a group. The sum of the individual cell AH in a parallel group give the total Ah. For 19.2 AH and 7 cells, that means each cell is rated for 2.6AH, as 7 x 2.6AH is 19.2AH.

To get 20AH, they put in cells with higher AH capacity, Must be 3.0AH cells as 7 x 3.0AH is 21AH.

Juiced says their 52V 19.2AH battery uses 84 cells, arranged in 14S-7P, which is 14 series groups with 7 cells in parallel within a group. The sum of the individual cell AH in a parallel group give the total Ah. For 19.2 AH and 7 cells, that means each cell is rated for 2.6AH, as 7 x 2.6AH is 19.2AH.

To get 20AH, they put in cells with higher AH capacity, Must be 3.0AH cells as 7 x 3.0AH is 21AH.

The one that confuses me on their chart is the 48 volt batteries. It says both have 52 cells, but one is 8.8ah and the other is 12.8ah

Isn't that just each cell is rated differently in terms of capacity?

You're correct. Rob. It's all about the capacity of the cells.

52 cells for a 48V battery is thirteen groups in series with four parallel cells in each group (13S-4P).

The 8,8ah version uses four 2.2ah cells in parallel.
The 12.8ah version uses four 3.2ah cells in parallel.

They pack a little more electrolyte in a 3.2ah cell to get the higher capacity. I believe it's like a layered film spun in a cylinder. Actually, it's like 50% energy. Technology improves, and we get to pay for it!

You're correct. Rob. It's all about the capacity of the cells.

52 cells for a 48V battery is thirteen groups in series with four parallel cells in each group (13S-4P).

The 8,8ah version uses four 2.2ah cells in parallel.
The 12.8ah version uses four 3.2ah cells in parallel.

They pack a little more electrolyte in a 3.2ah cell to get the higher capacity. I believe it's like a layered film spun in a cylinder. Actually, it's like 50% energy. Technology improves, and we get to pay for it!
So does that mean if I replaced all the cells in my 12.8 battery for a bunch of 3.6ah cells it would make it a 14.4ah battery?

Not that easy Rob. They're spot welded into a matrix. It's almost impossiible to just replace one cell.

Back