Delivery checklist for new 2020 Como?

Type952

Hi guys and gals,
New to the forum. I wish i found this forum earlier. Lots of great info here. Was just reading about the cracked frame issue on here and it got me a little worried. And then seeing we do get a lifetime warranty on the frame, i feel a little better, haha.

Anyways, I am still excited to be picking up my new 2020 Como 5.0 (USA Class 3) next week. This will be my first ebike. :) Since the LBS is around 1 hour drive away, i want to make sure i have all the items and firmware updated before leaving with my new bike. I made the list below.

1) Bike
2) Charger
3) 2 Keys
4) Abus card
5) Latest firmware on LCD display, Battery, and the Brose motor.

Did I forget anything else? And does anyone know the latest respective firmware version for 5) above? I know we will be able to check Firmware version for the Battery and Brose Motor in the Mission Control app. But how do i check the LCD display firmware?

Thanks

You might add on the "User Manual", which is also available online and could be worth checking out in advance.

You might also consider maintenance items. For example it would be helpful to have a spare on hand a spare rear spoke or two. You may not know what to do with one, but should you break one having a spare on hand will mean you can go to the local LBS as have it fixed without that LBS having to go through the ordering hassle. At a couple of bucks a piece they could save a handache.

Also might think of picking up an spare inner tube, and makings of a emergency repair kit.

gl with your new bike, it will be a pleasure.

Congrats Type952. You've chosen a great bike! Just make sure the lbs fits you properly and do a demo with you.

As a precaution i would check before every ride the bb Area and the screws holding the motor.

Have fun and ride safely !

Thank you everyone for the advise, comments and suggestions. I picked up my bike today. Will try to put it thru its paces tomorrow. ;)
If anyone care, the latest firmware versions are as follow as of 11/1/2019. Per LBS, the latest release came out on Sep 30th 2019 and Vado/Como share the same firmware.

Display 12.4.0
Motor 7.1.1 (not sure if 1.2e, 1.2 and 1.3 share same ver.) I have 1.3
Battery 7.20.0

Attachments

• IMG_20191101_181009.jpg
    IMG_20191101_181009.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 440
Its been only less than 2 weeks since taking delivery and i already put 200 miles on it. Just want to report that I am loving every mile of it. I know its been said many times, yes it really puts a big smile on your face. haha and on one of my ride, i was able to climb 1600 ft with ease. just awesome!

Oh and one more thing to add about the delivery, make sure the bike software is configure correctly. The wheel size and speed limit on my bike was incorrect when i took it home the first time. The wheel size was too large and speed limit was limited to 20 mph. I had to take the bike back to have them fix this. It was night an day after the fix, like a new bike.

sharing some pictures from my last 200 mile adventure.

Its been only less than 2 weeks since taking delivery and i already put 200 miles on it. Just want to report that I am loving every mile of it. I know its been said many times, yes it really puts a big smile on your face. haha and on one of my ride, i was able to climb 1600 ft with ease. just awesome!

Oh and one more thing to add about the delivery, make sure the bike software is configure correctly. The wheel size and speed limit on my bike was incorrect when i took it home the first time. The wheel size was too large and speed limit was limited to 20 mph. I had to take the bike back to have them fix this. It was night an day after the fix, like a new bike.

sharing some pictures from my last 200 mile adventure.
View attachment 41381View attachment 41382View attachment 41383View attachment 41384View attachment 41385View attachment 41386View attachment 41387View attachment 41388
Hey man thanks Nice : I'm still wishing they put the taller tire on it. Worried it will be to short for me : What size is it . The Med Large ? It's sharp though : What state you in?

Last edited:
Hey man thanks Nice : I'm still wishing they put the talle tire on it. Worried it will be to short for me : What size is it . The Med Large ? It's sharp though : What state you in?
Thanks Rick. I am 5 11 and the frame is M/L size. It fits me pretty good, very comfortable upright position. There is also an XL size if you need to go bigger. When I was doing research before purchasing, I found the Como do come with larger and thinner 700 tires and with suspension fork (probably to compensate for thinner tires) outside of USA market. So maybe you can order one from elsewhere or convert it.
I am in CA.

Thanks Rick. I am 5 11 and the frame is M/L size. It fits me pretty good, very comfortable upright position. There is also an XL size if you need to go bigger. When I was doing research before purchasing, I found the Como do come with larger and thinner 700 tires and with suspension fork (probably to compensate for thinner tires) outside of USA market. So maybe you can order one from elsewhere or convert it.
I am in CA.
Thanks again. California ?? Sorry Man ;) Hope you away from the Bigger cities :

The beautiful red Como 3.0 with the 700 wheels seems to be a european model, for now. I actually prefer the 27.5 x 2.3 that comes on Como bikes. If your riding along paved surface and happen to slip off into gravel/sand, the 2.3 tire has lots of surface area. I have ridden the tire on the 700 bike extensively and it is fine for me, but my smaller, less experienced wife far prefers the wide tire. And I don't find the wider tire any slower. If you feel you need the fastest rolling tire, buy a Schwalbe Almotion.
With that big, deep 27.5 if you do a roll-out measurement, it measures as big as a 29er/700 tire in circumference.

Back