Delite Front Fender Rubbing

Doward

I've had my Delite since June and have about 1,000 miles on it. And for the whole time, whenever I hit a good bump, or if I fill the tires, the front fender will rub against the front tire and make a noise. If i grab the fender and pull it away from the tire it stops, but then starts again whenever i hit a bump. I'm worried about wearing out my tire prematurely and it's just really annoyting overall.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And if so, have you been able to solve it and how?

I appreciate any help. My lbs, who in most things have been great, has not been helpful on this and have just told me it's a known issue, but I haven't seen it discussed on the forum.

Are the fender stays adjustable? If they are, maybe you can loosen the screws and move the fender away from the tire?

Can you tell or show us with a picture exactly where the contact is being made?

Marc
These are some pictures from when it first happened. My lbs adjusted it a little since then, but it hasn't stopped it. When it happens, I give a yank to the back of the fender and it stops for a while

Attachments

• frub2.jpg
    frub2.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 400
  • Frub1.jpg
    Frub1.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 395
  • frub3.jpg
    frub3.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 511
Surely all you have to do is release the "rod" out a little bit by undoing the alien key and then tighten up.

OK, so, I will give it another shot.
So, where the fender is rubbing against the tyre, it is held in place either side of the wheel by two metal rods. These two metal rods go into two round "slots" near the centre of the wheel.
The two rods are held in place in the slots by a single screw each side.
The screws have an "allen key" head to them.
You need to get an allen key and undo the two screws (one each side of the wheel).
Once undone, the rods will be able to slide in and out of the slots.
Slide each rod (one each side of the wheel) out until they are no longer rubbing against the wheel.
Then hold them in place and retighten the screws to hold each of the rods.
Dont slide the rods out too far as the rods will then no longer be held tight by the screws.

OK, so, I will give it another shot.
So, where the fender is rubbing against the tyre, it is held in place either side of the wheel by two metal rods. These two metal rods go into two round "slots" near the centre of the wheel.
The two rods are held in place in the slots by a single screw each side.
The screws have an "allen key" head to them.
You need to get an allen key and undo the two screws (one each side of the wheel).
Once undone, the rods will be able to slide in and out of the slots.
Slide each rod (one each side of the wheel) out until they are no longer rubbing against the wheel.
Then hold them in place and retighten the screws to hold each of the rods.
Dont slide the rods out too far as the rods will then no longer be held tight by the screws.
ok thanks! i have a set of allen keys. i can try that. still wondering if anyone else is having this issue

Back