Dear Pedego, We love you and have these suggestions for your bike development team!

ebikemom

I'm starting this thread for Pedego owners to make suggestions about how to improve Pedego bikes! The idea is that this thread would be a great resource to Pedego's bike designers, control panel folks, etc. etc. etc.

Ready, set, GO!

I'll go first! ;)

Control panel suggestion: Move "6" (throttle only) somewhere else, or get rid of it.
When riding in a situation where I need more power, I move up to "5", but sometimes accidentally hit that plus one too many times and end up on a steep hill with no PAS all of a sudden. This could be solved by having throttle only be in some other location, so that pushing plus a lot gets you up to the highest PAS without the risk of a sudden cut-off.

I don't think "throttle only" has any use for most riders, so it could be put in a different location. Those who do like throttle only are probably those who prefer to use the throttle more often and don't like PAS (my dad is in this category--he's 80 years old and doesn't like it when PAS kicks in if he's not expecting it--I think this is due to slower reaction time of an older person. He has a different brand of e-bike that has a toggle switch for PAS, and he keeps PAS turned off and pedals with the throttle.)

Internal gear hub option on more bikes, currently only available on the Latch, Trike, and Conveyor, a Shimano Nexus Inter-8 IGH or Alfine 11 could be options for the City Commuter mid-drive - if a new frame with rear facing fork ends and tension bolts isn't possible perhaps the existing frame could use an Alfine chain tensioner.

Also Box Bike! Or make a longer wheelbase Trike with a Rumble seat option for people wanting to carry children.

Last edited:
Make a hub driven commuter ebike plus a large capacity down tube battery (800-1,000 wh), like the Easy Motion Evo City, Rad city, Cross current S, Magnum Metro+, Smartmotion Pacer, Stromer, ..... you know what I mean.

Many people consider getting an ebike for both work and play.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
I'll split this into two parts. The first part is about features of your existing bikes and the second is to suggest some different kind of bikes you could make in the future.

Part I

Consider offering a build-to-order option. Such bikes could come with a certificate and a plate on the bike that said something like "Lovingly made by Pedego for Mr. Coffee on July 12, 2018". It would also be nice if you could have custom paint jobs or decals for built-to-order bikes.

Capitalize on your dealer network by providing a bike fit service. 99 percent of cyclists do not have their bike properly fitted, and this can make a huge difference in how much they enjoy their bike and how much they ride.

Partner with a company making high quality bike bags that are esthetically pleasing. You make beautiful, high-quality bikes. Have branded accessories that are also beautiful.

Control panel should be removable when you park your bike. Also provide a rubber hood you can put over the control panel or the connection point so it won't get damaged by sun, rain, or dust.

Add a second set of rails that are skinnier (e.g. 10mm or 8mm) to your rear racks so riders can use standard panniers on your bikes.

Part II

Bikes I'd like to see you make:

A compact cargo bike (like the Tern GSD) that could be pitched as a car replacement for city dwellers.

A road e-bike like the Orbea Gain D10

A folding bike optimized for bicycle travel. That means the bike has to be light enough to be checked as baggage on buses and trains yet can still carry a rider and 20-25 pounds of luggage.

Back