Dash fender question to you Currie folks, please?

Paul E.

Could you reveal what the fenders were on the Dash with City Kit on display at Interbike? If you're not going to sell the kit, at least tell where to get the fenders, if they are for sale somewhere.

Has anyone tried to fit a specialized turbo city kit on a dash? Looks like a solid kit and appears to be the same wheel size. The wildcards in my mind are mounting points and frame clearance.

I didn't find anything that unusual about the dash fender arrangement -- i swapped through a couple of pairs of fenders that I had on other mountain bikes (one was blackburn, the other set was esge/sks) and they both fit. I think I've seen other using the planet bike 29er fenders...or other good brands should work pretty easily. Dash's stock tires are 700cx42, so fenders in the 700c x 45mm+ range should work.

Rear attachment is a totally stock arrangement... standard eyelets are their already. On the front, the only thing you have to address is the lower mounting points on the for fender stays which are on the back of the fork instead of the usually arrangement of eyelets on the sides. I've seen some folks use a small angle bracket, I just bent the stays:
fender%2520stay.jpg

For the rear rack, the mounting points on the Dash should take just about any rear rack you want to get, there's mounting points on the seat stay.

If you have any doubts though, just bring it by a bike shop, it's something they can to for you in 10-15min pretty easily.

FYI - I just ordered a pair of Dash fenders directly from the customer service folks at Currie. They haven't arrived yet, so maybe I'm still dreaming. Since buying my Dash last November I have been trying to find mention, anywhere, about purpose-built or OEM fender or the mythical "City Kit" to make my Dash all weather capable with no success until I recently saw an online retailer mention fenders, lights and rack as options on a Dash purchase. I then had an email exchange with Larry Pizzi that led to phone calls with Tina (Customer Service Manager) and the purchase. The whole experience with Larry and his team was great. It was the second time I reached out and both times they were extremely responsive. I mentioned that I could find nothing about Dash accessories on the web and they are apparently trying to address that. I figured I would help others who might want to make that purchase as well by spreading the news here.

@Bud Its pretty cool when the head of the company contacts you! My experience as a dealer was that Currie Tech always gone the extra mile to help their customers. If you want to add a rear rack, choose one that is designed to accommodate a disc brake; not all do. We found the Topeak Explorer (for disc brake) a nice, easy to install rack that had a higher carrying capacity than your average rack. Most bike shops carry this or can get it for you. In addition it has their 'quick track' system on the top of the rack which lets you snap in a rack top trunk--nice on those days when you don't need full on saddlebags, but want to carry the all important lock & battery charger!

explorer_disc_sp.jpg

@Bud If you want to add a rear rack, choose one that is designed to accommodate a disc brake; not all do. View attachment 3425

This isn't really a big issue on the dash since the caliper is mounted on the chain stay vs the seat stay. I swapped out a number of old racks I had when figuring out what I wanted to use and they all fit ok

Back