Cycling Clothes

Ditto to what Stefan said above.
However I make sure my bike “wears” bright lights in order to be seen by drivers.

I rely more on my e-bike lighting to be seen on road, Marci Jo :) True, I wear (overly) reflective jackets and trousers during the limited-visibility seasons.

This T-shirt and padded shorts. I have a bad reputation of finding trees on the trail!

81H-2dzPYnL._UL1500_N.jpg

While you are looking for older threads, I always ride with bicycle shirts but not the aerodynamic skin tight versions as I cannot stand tight clothing. I have 4, and with the exception of one in blue, they are all very brightly coloured for visibility.
I pair that with padded underwear and normal gym shorts. I am considering getting some different shorts but the usual $120+ MTB shorts seem a bit overpriced to me.

1596726245063.png

I wear such clothes for 32-49 F. Plus a snowboarding helmet, goggles and thick gloves, not forgetting heavy leather boots and e-socks when it gets really cold...

1596725893015.png

My fave clothing for 50's F...

1596726002350.png

My clothing for 60s up to 79 F.

From 80 F up, I ride with a bare torso :D

"Let those be ashamed who stare at you!" :D
It's not that but I hardly EVER go shirtless and if they stared, they'd blind themselves.

I'm not vain, but after 3 bouts of skin cancer on my face and hands (relatively minor stuff), I keep relatively covered up.
The rest of my family have had similiar experiences with my brother hardly ever wearing short sleeves or shorts.

Hats, sunscreen etc... are a part of outdoor life, plus my 6 month checkups with the dermatologist to reduce the risk that I miss anything.

I have a motorcycle jacket that I wear during the winter months , keeps me dry, protected, and is very visible. Thanks for asking, I’m like you I didn’t know that this subject was FLOGGED to death ! Sheeissh 😳

I really like my cycling specific shorts, jerseys and rain gear from Tenn Outdoors. They compare well with my Pearl Izumi gear. Tenn was a UK company that made high quality for a much lower price than others. They had a decent following and were well regarded, but went out of business a year ago or so. I've read their margins were too tight and that was their downfall. I do like the Pearl Izumi I own, they are expensive though.

This topic has been covered a lot. It's fine to ask the question from time to time, the quality of responses may suffer though, as it takes a lot of effort gathering all the pics and links to post every time someone asks. Use the search to find many of the previous threads on summer and winter wear. A lot of good info there.

We have a term for the Lycra/spandex gear... sexy suits.

Since that’s furthest from what I would be, I just wear basketball shorts and a quick dry shirt... haven’t got into those high visibility colors yet but I should. Tried padded biking shorts... felt like a diaper so just upgraded the seat and post. :)

Thanks for asking, I’m like you I didn’t know that this subject was FLOGGED to death ! Sheeissh 😳
Make a thread about cycling shoes, pedals, saddles, etc, and you will see yourself :D I suggest you make a thread "Hub vs. mid-drive motor"... or... "How to rise handlebars?" :D
P.S. "What mirror?" would be a novelty!

I ride a recumbent tadpole eTrike on the gravel rail trail. Riding in cargo shorts makes for a perfect air scoop for flying insects. Cycling shorts with elastic bands on the legs is a necessity! Dropping your shorts on the trail to dig out bugs is a little embarrassing!

Nothing special. I have a collection of yellow t-shirts for visibility and a few thin black shorts. This fall when it gets cold I’ll be wearing some Columbia long pants and whatever else I need to stay warm.

Back