Custom Wood Fenders

Dude... @Alaskan
I am a guitar player, and I absolutely LOVE natural wood tones... on ANYTHING!!!
Fantastic my good man.
And yeah... Vancouver here is totally smoked out. Can't ride in it, that would be harmful!

I found a wonderful source of custom made solid wood fenders for my Riese & Muller Homage. The SKS plastic fenders that came on the bike rattled and needed constant fiddling. The were definitely the Achilles heel of the bike. Cody is located in Bend Oregon. He made my set of fenders in Walnut with Wenge side stripes. There is a large range of choices in both style and many woods to choose from. At $200 I think they are quite reasonably priced.

Click here to learn more: Woody's Fenders

Cody does really nice work. They are a perfect fit, much stiffer than the plastic/polycarbonite and weigh less than a pound. They work better than the stock ones and give an already nice bike a bit of unique personality.

The mounting hardware is all brass and stainless. Cody wastes no time in getting the fenders made and delivered. They arrived at my door less than a week after I ordered and paid for them.

View attachment 24907
Thank you for making this post. I thought the fenders looked so good on your bike, I contacted Woodys Fenders and got these for my Specialized Como.
IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1192.jpgIMG_1201.jpgIMG_1204.jpg

Has anyone added 'mud flaps' to either front or rear wood fenders?
I love the look of the wood fenders (and think they'd look pretty darned good on my already 'retro-y' looking Vintage Electric Cafe model... the current body-match painted metal fenders are nice, but there's so much spray that comes off the front wheel still, on wet trails, hitting my shoes, battery housing, pants legs, etc... (I've written to Woody's, asking about using flaps as well; awaiting a reply...)

I am traveling on our boat right now so I will have to check on the brand next week. Although they came with mounting hardware, i installed them.with permanent outdoor double back tape from 3M.

Oh, and I have yet to ride in the rain since either the fenders or the flaps were installed. That time is coming soon, i am sure.

Back