Custom colors?

Duck and Cover

First look at 2019 Chevy Bolt EV with new 'Shock' color - tell us ...

This is the color my car is in. Now ask yourself would someone who has car in such a great color be satisfied with white/black/bare titanium? Now I realize I could get the bike disassembled, stripped, painted then reassembled but it seemed like a nice thing to offer that I'd certainly take advantage of if I ever bought a Watt Wagon (assuming the price was what I consider reasonable). To be honest it would make me more likely to buy one when the time comes to upgrade from the ride1up I opted to preorder since the City Commuter was delayed (and I was hesitant to spend that much money let alone more on a bike as I haven't ridden in a long time).

It's totally a safety feature, you want people to be safe don't you?

Last edited:
I inquired a while back about custom paint jobs in a DM to @pushkar but didn’t get a response. I took that to mean that he’s not too keen on the idea. Oh, well...I probably couldn’t afford it anyways.

I inquired a while back about custom paint jobs in a DM to @pushkar but didn’t get a response. I took that to mean that he’s not too keen on the idea. Oh, well...I probably couldn’t afford it anyways.

I imagine you're looking at an additional $400 to $500. Maybe he's done some surveys of his customers and felt it wasn't worth it. There are many many things you can wear/put on your bike to make you quite visible that wouldn't cost you near that much. Still, it's a nice option to have for someone who is willing to wait for it and pay for it.

Just saw this. Apologies if I missed it earlier. We can do custom colors - i finally have a local boston anodizing and paint shop that will do those for me.

I don't have pricing for it yet - but definitely possible.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Just want to clarify - this wil be for the new UC pro only (aluminum).

Wont be able to do it on the titanium versions

I was wondering if any companies do "bike wrapping" like they do with cars/vans, etc. That could be much cheaper, removable, and if done right would hold up to some hits and falls. Anyone know a company?

Umm.. bike wrapping has limitations if your components are not standard shapes (flat / tubular etc).
Wrapping works really well for stays, forks etc.. not so much for different sized downtube batteries etc.

We looked into bike wrapping .. but paint is quicker if you want to do the bike, and wrapping is quicker if you want to do forks / chain stays ./ handlebars etc.

Back