Crosscurrent S - November batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbiker

Has anybody received their Crosscurrent S from the November batch? It's been 3+ months since I ordered mine and I'm beginning think they're "playing" me since they are now a month behind.

@bikerbiker, Tora Harris & the Juiced Bikes team make regular posts on the EBR Forum & their site about production and shipping. Check some of those out, please. I know it's frustrating; however, as an ebike shop owner we've had many multi-month delays on new products from manufacturers here in the US. This isn't just something unique to Juiced. There are lots of valid reasons that production can be delayed, so please be patient.

Has anybody received their Crosscurrent S from the November batch? It's been 3+ months since I ordered mine and I'm beginning think they're "playing" me since they are now a month behind.

We are definitely not "playing" any customers. CCS, HyperFats and some other units arrived just in the last weeks and early part of this week. It's a bit of a traffic jam, but we are starting to ship them all out.
E-bikes are experiencing a kind of incredible growth at the moment and the CCS is turning out to be a mega product. It is natural to be skeptical, but we are very transparent about what we are doing. We take pride in saying that our products do what it says on the tin. We thank you for your order and apologize for any delays. We are eager to get the product to you as fast and safe as possible.

@bikerbiker, Tora Harris & the Juiced Bikes team make regular posts on the EBR Forum & their site about production and shipping. Check some of those out, please. I know it's frustrating; however, as an ebike shop owner we've had many multi-month delays on new products from manufacturers here in the US. This isn't just something unique to Juiced. There are lots of valid reasons that production can be delayed, so please be patient.

Hi Ann,

Do you work for Juiced Bikes?

I can say that customer service has been good for me. I I have some specific needs and Juiced has accommodated them. The drawback to forums like this is that it gives the complainers a bullhorn. No QA program is 100% effective. There will be mistakes. People like to act as though an isolated problem is an epidemic. I use statistics in my daily work and believe me, it helps keep me sane in venues like this.

I can say that customer service has been good for me. I I have some specific needs and Juiced has accommodated them. The drawback to forums like this is that it gives the complainers a bullhorn. No QA program is 100% effective. There will be mistakes. People like to act as though an isolated problem is an epidemic. I use statistics in my daily work and believe me, it helps keep me sane in venues like this.

The forums can also be a place to apply pressure to those at Juiced that are looking for feedback. Its great that you've had a great experience, but those that have not are looking for a way to vent it.

The forums can also be a place to apply pressure to those at Juiced that are looking for feedback. Its great that you've had a great experience, but those that have not are looking for a way to vent it.

You miss my point. Small samples produce distorted results. If 1000 bikes are sold and 3 of them have problems, you have 997 happy customers with nothing to complain about. If the forums are full of complaints from the 3 who had problems, it skews the usefulness of the forum because it looks like "everybody had problems."

Applying pressure on the manufacturer? I guess so, if direct communication doesn't work. People say they called and called and wrote and wrote. We only have their work for it. The happy customers just won't write in to say how happy they are or we'd get a very different perspective here.

Sharing information is one thing and I'm all for it. Whining is obnoxious. We get a lot of whining, and downright trolling.

You miss my point. Small samples produce distorted results. If 1000 bikes are sold and 3 of them have problems, you have 997 happy customers with nothing to complain about. If the forums are full of complaints from the 3 who had problems, it skews the usefulness of the forum because it looks like "everybody had problems."

Applying pressure on the manufacturer? I guess so, if direct communication doesn't work. People say they called and called and wrote and wrote. We only have their work for it. The happy customers just won't write in to say how happy they are or we'd get a very different perspective here.

Sharing information is one thing and I'm all for it. Whining is obnoxious. We get a lot of whining, and downright trolling.

I got your point, , I know happy people don’t complain, and I can spot a troll when I see one. After this thread was created last night, I received an email today about the status of the CCS and the reasons for delays. Though, I already knew that because I’ve been stalking their site, facebook page, twitter account, Reddit postings... etc.

The first and second time juiced missed my delivery date, due to demand, the first thing I did was research to make sure I didn’t just give away money to something nafarious. It started to stress me out a bit, but after two weeks of trying to contact someone, I finally got answers.

Communicating with Juiced can be challanging but over the four months of waiting it has gotten infinitely better.

I actually would like to see more feedback good and bad. Sifting through the nonsense is easy.

Edit: To the OP, be patient. From what I have found the wait is totally worth it. I’m definitely looking forward to see what else juiced bikes puts out going forward.

Mine was ordered 23 September 2017.
Have just gotten the Juiced Bikes email and thought I'd share a copy and paste:

CrossCurrent S Delivery UPDATE / Now Shipping!

Inbox
x
profile_mask_2x.png

Juiced Bikes [email protected] via mail193.atl21.rsgsv.net
8:46 PM (3 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

View this email in your browser
l9fQ12rVaJGxxIbYUsR_Qkq3Knx3kQrgKtwUMkV3f2rW1hKQRs3TBiCthL6Xqn94XQR_3LYGG19bYHKJrX5lcisBLX82cavd9YuhT-gMexdB72--8EiKpqSr1R5qBUBujkNJm4ULlaWbxo6VpoemQEh-meH0yDMd3AzxQpM=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Valued Juiced Bikes Friends,

We hope this finds you well.

All pre-ordered CrossCurrent S bikes have begun shipping to waiting customers as of last week.

It's a little bit of a traffic jam but bikes are going out daily and we'll be clearing them out ASAP.

We're shipping bikes to customers on a first in first out manner so depending on when your order was placed, it will determine your spot in the queue.

Thank you for your patience! We know it will be worth the wait.

Best Regards,
Your Juiced Bikes Team

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook
YouTube
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists) Instagram
#teamjuicedbikes
Copyright © 2017 Juiced Bikes, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Juiced Bikes
1085 Bay Blvd, Suite B
Chula Vista, California
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Their blog said that the November batch was delayed because after the bikes' production, every one of them was taken down for respoking the rear wheel with Sapim spokes. Can anyone tell how much extra cost in labor, material and time that was?

As Ann M. might say, delays and unexpected QC reverses are the norm for this sort of production. We are getting what we paid for and we buyers have right to cancel at any time for a full refund.

I posit that as long I choose to wait for the bike the wait is all on me.

I knew when I ordered that the delivery date was provisional and that Juiced support is not sufficiently staffed.

I have no complaint.

Last edited:
Why is it assumed that 997 are happy? Maybe they don't have a way to relay information through this specific forum. What happens if there are more than 3 people with problems? If happy people don't use the forum, grumpy people may not as well. What if these issues seem to be a pattern over several models and delivery dates? See delivery dates for used cc, cc-s, hyperfat. Why are happy customers not reviewing? Your isolated positive experience can distort results as well.

It's well-established marketing knowledge that the number of unhappy customers who talk to others about their complaint exceeds the number of happy customers who share praise by some multiple, like 20:1 IIRC. The 997 was just an example fer chrissakes. All your it's are just so much speculation and have nothing to do with real-world application of statistics on human behavior. That's all I'm saying on the topic. Y'all can have the last word if you want.

Wait, the respoking happened post-production of the bikes? Props to Tora for heading off a potentially big issue by spending a lot of time & money.

P.S. I've done another 200 miles on my CCS since I broke 2 spokes (got them replaced) and it's still holding up. Fingers crossed for the future.

Production changes such as the spoke modification are done for the company benefit. The cost of having to do warranty repair for the business is more expensive then making the change at time of manufacture . This is not some wonderful thing being done.

Most manufacturers would change the next batch; not the current batch that's already done. That's what I'm praising. I also haven't heard of widespread problems - I believe I'm the only person reporting broken CCS spokes so far.

I believe this is a startup having growing pains. You're not going to sink because your orders are growing 20% month-over-month - it's the classic "no one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" scenario. I agree that in the long term whether or not they get over these hurdles will determine the success of the company, but it's far too early to tell.

I hesitate in sending this email , I guess it's a no win situation....

"We want some info vs radio silence..."
"Don't make a video.....send an email."
"Don't sent an email....it's patronizing."

Besides having your bike how would you like to see this process go? Not trying to be snarky. How would you handle this process if it was your business?

Thoughts?

Hi Ann,

Do you work for Juiced Bikes?
I do not work for Juiced Bikes, I have run my own ebike shop for 17 years in Texas and work for Court, the owner of EBR, part time. During Interbike 2016, I did get to talk with Tora Harris & some other people from Juiced Bikes at their display booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back