CrossCurrent S - New Model

From youtube. It looks like if you upgraded your battery, you have an indefinite wait coming.
AlexandrosTGreat
When can people with preorders in the 2,000s expect their bikes to start shipping? Eagerly awaiting this fantastic vehicle!!

Juiced Bikes
Bikes are still being sorted from this shipment and we'll be sharing an update with more details. We're waiting on the bigger packs to arrive, so current orders with those packs will be handled on a case by case. More to come. Trust us we want to get the bikes out to customers. We're making improvements in our internal processes to avoid delays going forward - and we thank all of our customers for their patience. It will be worth the wait.​

Last edited:
My order is also in the 2000's, and I ordered the 17.4 Ah battery. If orders like mine are delayed, it would be nice to get an email blast that all expanded batteries are delayed...?

My order number is 1775, I also upgraded to the 17.4Ah battery. If those of us with the higher capacity batteries are in for a longer wait, Juiced definitely owes us an update as to why and how long.

I’m also wondering if Juiced Bikes will offer a “no battery” option for less money. I’ve already got the 17.4Ah battery that I would be swapping over to the the Cross Current S if I upgrade.

Hey all, I wrote Juiced to ask about the battery-related delays, and here is Tora's response:

The packs and the bikes arrive separately as they are made in different factories. Some 21's arrived. For some reason the some of the 17.4 Ah packs arrived later due to some logistics issue that we did not have any control over. They are supposed to arrive today. We assumed that it would arrive last week, but apparently they did not and we put this information on the social media for some people who asked. But some people took this to mean that their order was canceled. We will make another post and video when the shipment of packs arrive.

Tora Harris
So, hopefully the delays aren't too long. I really appreciate Tora and Juiced being so responsive and transparent about things, this isn't the first time he's replied to a ticket of mine in a matter of hours.

-EDIT-

Buyer Beware: They hold your money with little to no updates, communication, or compensation. You are on their schedule. They may not even deliver the product as advertised after all the delays.

Last edited:
Wow. I was in the low 2000s and ordered a couple weeks ago. They said mine should ship within 7-10 days of the arrival date from china.

I doubt you will get your cross current s in this batch. They are only shipping orders in the 1700's.

---EDIT----

Last edited:
What I don't understand is their excuse that customer service is overwhelmed. Someone that ordered two months ago was #1680, and they seem to only be up to about #2100 now. So 60 days, ~400 orders, ~7-8/day? Even if every single pending order from the last couple months is contacting them every single day, this wouldn't tie up more than a few low-skill FTE's time - even an outsourced agent with a script (There also only so many delay reasons, any of which could be answered with a script - 17.4AH is delayed, ETA is X, etc.) would be a massive improvement.

Instead, we get stuff like this (today!) on FB:

Hi. We're processing orders now and responding to customers directly. Since customers have ordered different specs, we're responding on a line by line basis. For the most accurate response, reach out to [email protected] and provide your order number so we can get you the most up to date info. Be aware that demand has surged since we announced that bikes arrived, so we're doing our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner.
I was inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt at first - but I'm running out of patience. You'd think an enthusiast company would understand getting the last few weeks of summer/fall out of a new bike. Updates would go a long way, but we seem to just get teasers.

I am utterly blown away by the Hyperfat customers that have been waiting since this spring.

Last edited:
-EDITED

The CCs brakes have been downgraded to the Tektro HD-E350 from the Crosscurrent 2017 which had the HD-E715. This has been confirmed for future productions.

Last edited:
@ebikeHIgh It's truly a bummer you've had a bad experience. It sounds like for you, getting a bike that's already completed design and is from a larger manufacturer that does larger manufacturing batches might be a better fit. I'm used to pre-ordering / early adopting technology and I can tell you from my experience that Juiced is _far_ more communicative and transparent than most other companies like this. They've been responsive to tickets I've submitted both before and after sale, they've posted a ton of videos/info about the development of the bike through the process, and they are active on social media. That's not that common from small companies doing this kind of product development.

These sorts of delays and changes are typical on new products manufactured in small batch (esp. in China). I've been through impossible (non-)communication, innumerable delays, and two replacements of a smart bike helmet from Livall, as one example. I still love the helmet I ultimately got and I use it every day. As another example, I'm still waiting for the community solar garden I subscribed to for my home electricity to get going, six months past the date they said it would go live - delays due to both bureaucratic and technical challenges. It doesn't surprise me at all that in the first batch of less than 300 bikes of a brand new design, they don't have every frame size/frame style/paint color combo available yet, or that a shipment is delayed coming from China. Is that fun for the buyer? No, but it's not that surprising. Getting it in red instead of black might be the compromise you need to make.

My goal with this post is not so much to defend Juiced (this is my first order with them, and I have no history with them prior to this month) but to temper expectations. Unless you've asked for a refund and they've refused, I don't think it's worth your time or energy to complain. If you want to be among the first to have a bike that has the specs of the CCS at the price point of the CCS, these are the sorts of hiccups to expect. I'd love to have my bike yesterday, because I live in Minnesota and soon enough there will be snow on the ground. But it was clear when I ordered this bike that I might not get much riding in this year on it, and I'm prepared to pull my pre-order if I decide there's a better option out there. But for right now for me, I'm ok to wait.

The good news is there are plenty of other great e-bikes from larger companies that have stock right now and you can get through your LBS and even take home today. If you value a smooth and easy buying experience over the latest specs or the price point, that's totally the way to go. Pre-ordering a new product design in an immature industry that costs a significant chunk of change ain't for the faint of heart, I can tell you that much.

That's my much-more-than-two-cents.

Order 1977, stock/no options, haven't heard anything yet. Honestly I'd rather they take this time to make sure things are right than ship something defective, since it will be tricky for me to get it fixed. I'm a bit spooked reading about others' experiences with rear spokes and flats, so I"m trying to prep/educate myself first! Also, when anyone hears what rear packs might fit best on their installed rack - I'd love to know. Worried my current one won't fit (banjo brothers with a hook/stretchy attach at the bottom..)

@ebikeHIgh It's truly a bummer you've had a bad experience. It sounds like for you, getting a bike that's already completed design and is from a larger manufacturer that does larger manufacturing batches might be a better fit. I'm used to pre-ordering / early adopting technology and I can tell you from my experience that Juiced is _far_ more communicative and transparent than most other companies like this. They've been responsive to tickets I've submitted both before and after sale, they've posted a ton of videos/info about the development of the bike through the process, and they are active on social media. That's not that common from small companies doing this kind of product development.

These sorts of delays and changes are typical on new products manufactured in small batch (esp. in China). I've been through impossible (non-)communication, innumerable delays, and two replacements of a smart bike helmet from Livall, as one example. I still love the helmet I ultimately got and I use it every day. As another example, I'm still waiting for the community solar garden I subscribed to for my home electricity to get going, six months past the date they said it would go live - delays due to both bureaucratic and technical challenges. It doesn't surprise me at all that in the first batch of less than 300 bikes of a brand new design, they don't have every frame size/frame style/paint color combo available yet, or that a shipment is delayed coming from China. Is that fun for the buyer? No, but it's not that surprising. Getting it in red instead of black might be the compromise you need to make.

My goal with this post is not so much to defend Juiced (this is my first order with them, and I have no history with them prior to this month) but to temper expectations. Unless you've asked for a refund and they've refused, I don't think it's worth your time or energy to complain. If you want to be among the first to have a bike that has the specs of the CCS at the price point of the CCS, these are the sorts of hiccups to expect. I'd love to have my bike yesterday, because I live in Minnesota and soon enough there will be snow on the ground. But it was clear when I ordered this bike that I might not get much riding in this year on it, and I'm prepared to pull my pre-order if I decide there's a better option out there. But for right now for me, I'm ok to wait.

The good news is there are plenty of other great e-bikes from larger companies that have stock right now and you can get through your LBS and even take home today. If you value a smooth and easy buying experience over the latest specs or the price point, that's totally the way to go. Pre-ordering a new product design in an immature industry that costs a significant chunk of change ain't for the faint of heart, I can tell you that much.

That's my much-more-than-two-cents.

@Fran Fabrizio
Thank you for the response but I have a few things to add.

1) I'm used to pre-ordering / early adopting technology: Juiced Bikes is experienced. Juiced has been producing models for several years. They have large commercial accounts in the area for food delivery. This is not their first model, nor revision. This is an ongoing theme with Juiced whether you look at the 16.5/22 CC OG/2017 , hyperfat, cc air, lcd screens. For your bike helmet example, it was nowhere near the price of the ebike. That bike was also posted on the proper medium, a crowdfunding site. In this context Juiced is marketing itself as a bike manufacture seller/buyer not a crowdfunded investor/developer. I can't find an analogy for a public utility system and a direct to consumer product. Exchanged a few emails, but got left in the dark, after asking for contact information. I got connected by posing as a prospective buyer on chat. Not a fun experience as a buyer.

2) Is that fun for the buyer? No, but it's not that surprising. I am from the perspective of the buyer/investor. This blind investment is not fun, and I could have used that money to make me other money for myself instead of Juiced during that same time. I wasn't told that the shipment on the way or delayed. I was told"I am sorry we didn't make any M ST Black on the S model and it was on the web site before we noticed." This raises several questions. a) why was it offered, why is continuing to be offered? b) Why was it not produced? c)When can it be produced? d) Was the inventory an error on the China or USA side? e) Why did it take two months to realize this error? Not a fun experience as a buyer.

3) Getting it in red instead of black might be the compromise you need to make. I interpret this as "we remembered to take your money, but forgot to make your order." This does not make it fun as a buyer to need to compromise.

4) but to temper expectations. I am willing to wait, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I ordered on July 2nd. I took them until August 29th to realize they could not fulfill my order, offer a new time table, or offer compensation. And then the plot thickens...I did get in contact with Tora over the phone and tells me the e-mail people told me the complete wrong info. Not a fun experience as a buyer. You say temper expectations, I say buyer beware.

Are we in agreement for others who are narrowing their ebike searches that buying from Juiced is riskier than buying from more established brands?

Are we in agreement for others who are narrowing their ebike searches that buying from Juiced is riskier than buying from more established brands?

I wouldn't use the word risky. I associate a risky transaction with one which has a chance of leading to me either losing my money or not getting value for my money. In this case, I am very confident that I will either a. receive a bike that delivers at least as much value as what I paid, or b. receive a refund if I request one. So I don't see where it's risky.

Would I advise a potential buyer that the process of ordering a CCS might be significantly more of a hassle and drawn out process than ordering a completed, already available bike from a larger vendor? Yes.

I certainly agree that Juiced has room for some business process improvement (and I think Tora has acknowledged that.) I think really the only thing we differ on is our expectations when ordering a bike that's still in the middle of its design and manufacturing process and that's trying to hit a spec and price point combo that has not been hit before in the industry, from a relatively niche company. And that's not a right or wrong situation, just a preference.

I associate a risky transaction with one which has a chance of leading to me either losing my money or not getting value for my money.

I guess we would have to define value. I would ask from a buyer perspective did your money get you something of use, worthwhile, or the worth of something compared to the price paid for it? Now I could have spent $2, 500 on another brand ebike in May. $800 more than Cross Current S, but I get 4 extra months of use out of the bike (full summer). By the time the snow comes, you may be 6 months of ebike use compared to 2 months with Cross Current. At the one year return, May 2017, you get 8 months of use out of $2,500 bike vs. 4 months out of a $1,700 bike (+$800), before depreciation vs extra spending cash over time period. That's where I would associate the risky transaction with not getting value for my money, because I do factor in that time from payment to delivery as zero tangible return.

I plan to replace my car with the bike as a commuter so I would argue that I could get $800 of value with the extra time spent on the bike that leads to health benefits, cutting car expenses/selling, and smooth purchasing experience. A problem I have with business process lacking is that it can be a very slippery slope. Once you lose trust..finished two cents.

This is information for prospective customers in an immature industry and a very competitive market. I agree that Juiced may be more of a hassle and may have a more drawn out process with delivery times. That needs to be evaluated when deciding to purchase from Juiced. I do not associate those same hesitations with other ebike manufacturers I am looking at.

p.s. I'm not with Rooster.

Last edited:
Complaints about shipping etc. aside - it sounds like some of you guys have your bikes by now based on previous posts. What do you think?

Complaints about shipping etc. aside - it sounds like some of you guys have your bikes by now based on previous posts. What do you think?

I'm in Houston so unfortunately it's gonna be a while before it arrives. It's been sitting in Fort Worth for a week now. UPS and FedEx deliveries stopped to Houston until further notice.

The CCs brakes have been downgraded to the Tektro HD-E350 from the Crosscurrent 2017 which had the HD-E715. This has been confirmed for future productions.

The original CC brakes are/were HD-E710 which use the same pads as the Tektro Aurigas. I don’t think the new Cross Current S brakes are going to be a step down from the original Cross Current. It is true that the HD-E715 is a better brake but those were never offered on the Cross Current.

Back