Creo Light Splitter Upgrade for Front Light

I contacted Specialized customer support yesterday and figured out what my problem was. The split cable S196800022 is not correct part for the CREO. I looked at the same page in the manual. The part number is now S206800003 and it all makes sense.
According to the customer support the part number has changed again to "S21680001" from S20680003. I wonder when it reflect in the user manual.

Last edited:
According to the customer support the part number has changed again to S20680001 from S20680003. I wonder when it reflect in the user manual.
I've ordered a S216800001 for my Creo which is the same P/N as used on the Vado SL. The shops that had it online showed it as applicable to the Creo and Vado SL even though it did not appear in the Specialized Creo support parts page. I would like to connect a Lupine Nano SL F Nano but the Leyzene E115 from the Vado SL would be the fallback. I prefer lights to be on when the bike is on and I don't like managing separate battery bike lights.

I ride with 2 serfas 1600 lumen lights on my Creo exp. One mounted on the head tube as backup for when the other runs out of power. I do most my rides in the summer at night in Arizona. Settings on the light(s) are 400/800/1200/1600. I run on 800 most the time under streets lights but if I ramp up my speed I need to see further ahead so 1200 will be what's used. I use 1600 in long desert spots with no street lights. I've had people occasionally shield their eyes (sometimes obnoxiously) even on lower settings but most people don't seem bothered. I dim the lights when approaching walking people most the time. But I'm going to use the light I need period. I'm not going to crash my 10k bike over someone else's sensitive eyes. They can just turn their head or squint 😆. Not trying to be a jerk but my safety comes above their momentary 'whatever'. I have to deal with motor vehicles trying to intimidate me or getting hit with drinks or screamed at. It's a jungle out there...for everyone.

As a side note I couldn't even fathom running my powerful lights off my main battery (not that I could). I think it would cut my usable ride power by about a third. I like that the Creo doesn't come with lights because usually they are underpowered anyway but still drain your battery...and the Creo doesn't have a big battery as it is. Charging my lights gives me the best off both worlds...a better light and a longer ride.

Last edited:
like that the Creo doesn't come with lights because usually they are underpowered anyway but still drain your battery...and the Creo doesn't have a big battery as it is.
Trust me: SL lighting power draw is symbolic.

I understand why you use powerful lights at night, still, please dim them when there's a car approaching. It might end badly.

Trust me: SL lighting power draw is symbolic.

I understand why you use powerful lights at night, still, please dim them when there's a car approaching. It might end badly.
I'm on the far side of the road Stefan...and going with the flow of traffic. I never seen a car crash because of my light. And road conditions are hazardous. Everything from potholes to glass to screws...and worse. With powered bikes we are going faster...we need more time to react. We need to see further ahead.

Last edited:
Yeah... But I could see car drivers actually stopping their cars when they got blinded with 1600 lumens. It is equivalent to a car with high beam headlights! And your light has no top cut-off.

Yeah... But I could see car drivers actually stopping their cars when they got blinded with 1600 lumens. It is equivalent to a car with high beam headlights! And your light has no top cut-off.
Point taken there. But when I run the highest setting it's in remote locations with very few cars. Plus the light can't take it for that long in the summer...it overheats and kicks down on its own. Plus my light is angled downward on the road...

Last edited:
I've ordered a S216800001 for my Creo which is the same P/N as used on the Vado SL. The shops that had it online showed it as applicable to the Creo and Vado SL even though it did not appear in the Specialized Creo support parts page. I would like to connect a Lupine Nano SL F Nano but the Leyzene E115 from the Vado SL would be the fallback. I prefer lights to be on when the bike is on and I don't like managing separate battery bike lights.
Yes. that was typo.
S21680001 is the part number for the Y splitter.

Yeah... But I could see car drivers actually stopping their cars when they got blinded with 1600 lumens.
CD66506D-F19A-4289-AAAF-A434E4C48824.jpeg

“BUT MAMA, THAT’S WHERE THE FUN IS !!”

Point taken there. But when I run the highest setting it's in remote locations with very few cars. Plus the light can't take it for that long in the summer...it overheats and kicks down on its own. Plus my light is angled downward on the road...
It might be an interesting/funny story for you. My "big" Vado has a Supernova M99 Pro headlight (it is a stock item for this e-bike model). It is an automotive grade light, with top cut-off and it is asymmetric.
1631199414169.png

Supernova works in Auto mode: Daylight Running Light, Low Beam (1100 lm, 310 lux), and High Beam (1600 lm, 380 lux) on demand. One evening, I was returning home from grocery shopping via a highway. I was not aware how to adjust the Low Beam's height and reach. And I got my lesson: a driver of an approaching big truck blinded me with his high beam lights. It was a clear warning: "your beam is too high!" :D After having had that adjusted, I have never had any issues with drivers anymore :)

It might be an interesting/funny story for you. My "big" Vado has a Supernova M99 Pro headlight (it is a stock item for this e-bike model). It is an automotive grade light, with top cut-off and it is asymmetric.
View attachment 99464

Supernova works in Auto mode: Daylight Running Light, Low Beam (1100 lm, 310 lux), and High Beam (1600 lm, 380 lux) on demand. One evening, I was returning home from grocery shopping via a highway. I was not aware how to adjust the Low Beam's height and reach. And I got my lesson: a driver of an approaching big truck blinded me with his high beam lights. It was a clear warning: "your beam is too high!" :D After having had that adjusted, I have never had any issues with drivers anymore :)

Yeah I was thinking along those lines too during this discussion. No driver ever flashed their lights at me. That would have an impact on my thinking if that happened a few times.

Interesting story though! 😳😄

View attachment 99464

I had similar experiences and wanted to something about it. Made a DIY top cut-off out of aluminum can and it worked fine.

Attachments

• can1.JPG
    can1.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Can Cut.JPG
    Can Cut.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 173
  • top cut-off.JPG
    top cut-off.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 159
  • WS000024.JPG
    WS000024.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 146
  • packin.JPG
    packin.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 156
  • haiko.JPG
    haiko.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 151
  • WS000038.JPG
    WS000038.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 154
I installed a Vado SL 4 headlight that was available using the S21680001 splitter behind the TCU. It only took about 15 minutes since I already had a K-EDGE Garmin/GoPro dual mount on the handlebar. The light wire goes through the same access as the handlebar remote switches.

Back