Creaking Sound

Shogun7s+

Region
USA
Has anyone experienced a creaking sound coming from the crank/motor? I have an Allant+ 7S and after taking it on a bit of a rough ride recently, it started to make some creaking noises when there was a little bit of extra weight/torque on the pedals. And by a little, I mean a little. I am not mashing down on the pedals, but things like getting the bike going from a standstill will result in creaking noises that just weren't there before and they seem to be getting more frequent.

It's hard to tell if it is coming from the crank, the motor or the where the motor is mounted, but I am thinking maybe the motor became a little loose? There aren't any noticeable performance issues and I haven't taken it into the shop yet, but thought I would ask here before doing so. Anyone else experience this?

I had a similar experience and it turned out to be coming from the seat post. Check your seat post to ensure it is tight and try adding a bit of grease/lubricant to the seat post. Noise went away for me...

Has anyone experienced a creaking sound coming from the crank/motor? I have an Allant+ 7S and after taking it on a bit of a rough ride recently, it started to make some creaking noises when there was a little bit of extra weight/torque on the pedals. And by a little, I mean a little. I am not mashing down on the pedals, but things like getting the bike going from a standstill will result in creaking noises that just weren't there before and they seem to be getting more frequent.

It's hard to tell if it is coming from the crank, the motor or the where the motor is mounted, but I am thinking maybe the motor became a little loose? There aren't any noticeable performance issues and I haven't taken it into the shop yet, but thought I would ask here before doing so. Anyone else experience this?
This is one you could check/do yourself with some basic tools. Check the list of "usual suspects". Pedals, crank arm, and seat believe it or not.

Back