Crazy Brake Vibration

Slikjr

Region
Canada

Ok. Need some help. I have a terrible rear brake vibration on my bike. Video is of moderate braking with cold brakes. It does it at light and moderate braking. Under heavy braking it will not. After four or five moderate braking and things get heated up, it almost goes away.

I am running Sram DB8 levers and calipers. I have tried two different pairs of pads (Sram Sintered and Galfer standards). First tried both pads with Chinese rotors. Then tried both pads with Hayes Dominion rotor. Followed bed in procedure each time. Sanded pads with medium grit sandpaper between rotors. I’m at a loss! Any ideas?!

Check to make sure the pads aren’t contaminated with oil or grease or if the pistons are leaking. Sanding them won’t fix the problem. Also, if your calipers/pads aren’t aligned properly it can be a source of vibrations. I recently swapped my sintered pads over to SRAM organic versions on my emtb and no longer experience noise or vibration on the trail.

Check to make sure the pads aren’t contaminated with oil or grease or if the pistons are leaking. Sanding them won’t fix the problem. Also, if your calipers/pads aren’t aligned properly it can be a source of vibrations. I recently swapped my sintered pads over to SRAM organic versions on my emtb and no longer experience noise or vibration on the trail.
Both pads were brand new and I always wear nitrile gloves. Not saying they couldn’t be, but highly unlikely both pairs of pads are contaminated. Calipers are not leaking. I even torched the Galfer pads after a few attempts to bed them in. Same thing. I have the organic pads on the way and hoping that also solves my problems!

I even went so far as to just change out the 180-203 adapter I’m running. Installed a new one (exact same part) and used different screws and washers thinking maybe change a mating surface somewhere or something. Same deal vibration!!!

then it could be the calipers. I know my jaguars were so bad when the rotors got wet when using metal pads I had to buy new rotors nothing helped. bu those rotors were fine with the Shimano 4 piston calipers. so it could be the calipers.

You may try a thin layer of Permatex blue silicone o the backsides of your brake pads from an auto parts supplier. The silicone absorbs the vibration eliminating the squeak.

Back