Cover for hailong battery mount/bracket?

mohammed

Region
United Kingdom
I recently bought this battery which I am planning to mount to the rear rack, this will be an additonal battery.
I am looking to use the new battery on the weekends so will store at home, that'll mean the mount/brack will be 'naked' on the weekdays when I commute to work.
I was thinking the you can never trust British weather, there could be a downpour anytime so I am worried rain will affect the mount/bracket so looking for some sort of cover that will protect it.
Does anyone have an idea of what I could use?

1675381310389.png

Best to buy a high quality Black RTV and work it into all case seams. Get ACF50 of Boeshield T9 to treat all connections and buttons.

@tomjasz suggestion above is probably all you need but here are some other ideas:

Like yours, my Dorado battery mount does not contain any electronics so I generally don't worry about rain water. The contacts on my mount are a different style than yours though, so I use a vinyl cap to protect them. It's more for physical protection rather than moisture:

IMG_003153.jpg
IMG_003151.jpg
IMG_003150.jpg

You may be able to find a vinyl cap to fit your contact block. A good place to look is here:
Samples can be ordered to avoid a quantity purchase.

Another possibility is to order a set of dummy battery contacts to insert when the battery isn't mounted. The 5 pin male or female should fit:
It won't be immersion proof but it will keep out debris and most rainwater.

When transporting the bike, particularly on treated road surfaces, I use one of these rectangular stretch silicone bowl covers:

IMG_003144.jpg
IMG_003146.jpg

The smaller sizes work well for covering other sensitive bike parts as well:

P1090372a.jpg
P1090371b.jpg

Back